Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston - Saturday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
At his point that bottom 6 will be our playoff bottom 6 baring a trade.

Who is missing Nikky Bobby and perhaps Matthew Knies ??
Not quite. Holmberg returning allows Kerfoot to move back up a line and bumps out Simmonds or Hunt. TBD involves any of Robertson, McMann or Knies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Tonight's Referees:

cambell-jpg.635115

Referees Frederick L'Ecuyer (17), Eric Furlatt (27)
Linesmen Jesse Marquis (86), Kilian McNamara (93)

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
yeah it's a little disappointing they didn't emergency recall someone like Steeves or Anderson with a couple guys sick.

I may be wrong but I think the rule is they need to miss 1 game before they can use the emergency recall. So they wouldn't be able to do this yet

Reactions: kb

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Alright I take back what I said earlier. McMann and Holmberg being sick makes more sense. Still take out Holmberg, and that bottom 6 is questionable to put it nicely. We need reinforcements at the deadline

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I may be wrong but I think the rule is they need to miss 1 game before they can use the emergency recall. So they wouldn't be able to do this yet
Yeah, and it has to result in the lineup dropping below 6 defensemen or 12 forwards, which doesn't apply as the Leafs still have enough guys for a full lineup.

That said, they should have been able to do a regular call up to replace Simmonds after his useless game against Detroit

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah, and it has to result in the lineup dropping below 6 defensemen or 12 forwards, which doesn't apply as the Leafs still have enough guys for a full lineup.

That said, they should have been able to do a regular call up to replace Simmonds after his useless game against Detroit
I don't get the Anderson treatment honestly. Keefe says we want to give him a long look. Plays well for 3-4 games. One bad game and he's gone.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't get the Anderson treatment honestly. Keefe says we want to give him a long look. Plays well for 3-4 games. One bad game and he's gone.
Yeah he wasn't exactly dominating, but he obviously brings a lot more than a guy like Simmonds or Hunt. They should also give Steeves a look. Teams should always be looking to get younger and faster

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Alright I take back what I said earlier. McMann and Holmberg being sick makes more sense. Still take out Holmberg, and that bottom 6 is questionable to put it nicely. We need reinforcements at the deadline
Big two-way forwards. The way a guy like Chiarot was abusing our players and getting away with it the other night happens more often in the playoffs. We haven’t been able to play through that stuff in the playoffs without taking penalties ourselves (see Clifford, Kadri) we need guys who know the line between tough play and a bad penalty.

McMann doesn’t have any fight videos, but he doesn’t need to do that. Just play through the physical stuff the way he does. Engage physically. He should stay if he can play like that every game. Holmberg as well, he’s great in corners and along the boards with smarts and skills on top of it.

I want to see more of Hunt, but he could be a good third on line 4 with Holmberg and McMann.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
At his point that bottom 6 will be our playoff bottom 6 baring a trade.

Who is missing Nikky Bobby and perhaps Matthew Knies ??
Simmonds won't play. Holmberg will. Not sure if it will be Hunt or Mcmann.

Tonight's bottom 6 will not be the playoffs bottom six.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad