Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston - Saturday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Huge game and both teams will want to bounce back after disappointing losses. Really hope Matthews can suit up for this one as we will need him bad.

Had we won last night and win tomorrow we could've caught up to just 5 pts back of them.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Huge game and both teams will want to bounce back after disappointing losses. Really hope Matthews can suit up for this one as we will need him bad.

Had we won last night and win tomorrow we could've caught up to just 5 pts back of them.
Definitely a wasted opportunity last night.
I know all teams have off nights but they really were disappointing

Reactions: 1specter

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is the game I have been waiting for as a good benchmark for the Leafs and their current level of play and against a likely playoff opponent perhaps.

If the Leafs want to potentially avoid TB and Boston in round #1 then they have to pass the Bruins in the final standings and that makes this a 4 point game essentially.

1673638437491.png

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
To the dude who left me a long ass message in the last thread, I hope you are right and I am wrong. A win in regulation would make 1st place a lot more realistic.

@LEAFFANFORLIFE23

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This is the game I have been waiting for as a good benchmark for the Leafs and their current level of play and against a likely playoff opponent perhaps.

If the Leafs want to potentially avoid TB and Boston in round #1 then they have to pass the Bruins in the final standings and that makes this a 4 point game essentially.

View attachment 634719

I don't think the team is too concerned with this.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
To the dude who left me a long ass message in the last thread, I hope you are right and I am wrong. A win in regulation would make 1st place a lot more realistic.

@LEAFFANFORLIFE23
Just win, IMO

A complete 60 minute effort would be nice.

Even with a regulation win the Leafs would still be 7 back and Boston with 2 games in hand.

Keep playing well and that stuff will sort itself out.

*edit - I do have 1 prediction though. Either way the post game overreactions will be legendary.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

@LEAFFANFORLIFE23

I'm not going to say I'm definitely wrong if they lose this because I do expect Boston to eventually hit a rough patch.

But a win tomorrow would be BIG especially a regulation win.

Need Matthews back in tomorrow enough of Engvall in the top 6.

I don't think the team is too concerned with this.

They are 9 points up not 11

Reactions: definedMF

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm not going to say I'm definitely wrong if they lose this because I do expect Boston to eventually hit a rough patch.

But a win tomorrow would be BIG especially a regulation win.

Need Matthews back in tomorrow enough of Engvall in the top 6.

They are 9 points up not 11
Enough of Engvall on the team period. He doesn't use his size and can't score to save his life. He can take Kerfoot with him too!

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Would love nothing more than to get a piece of these Bruins. Hats off to them for the next level season and I am itching to see them in the playoffs. Bring it on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad