GDT: Toronto at Columbus || 2/22/22 7pm EST

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
images

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
What a difference a coach makes .. team is 1 million times for fun to watch than when Torts was here . Patty is clapping bombs and :naughty:
While I agree this team is fun to watch, so were Tort’s teams that made playoffs - especially the sweep of TBL. Granted last year was just bad.

Maybe the biggest part of this fun is that it’s not expected. We had expectations for the Torts teams. I expected 8th in the Metro for this team. Not a tank, just too young and not that talented in the middle yet. Glad I’m wrong. Well, partially wrong - we still need infusion of talent at C. But KJ and the Russians are on the way, and Chicago is going to get us the 3rd pick!

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Hats off to JF. Stayed ready and met the moment when he had to slot in.

Laine is that dude. Down 1? He ties it. Overtime? Seals the game again. Blowing the roof off of the NWA ;)

I think that is my line.. & frankly it is exactly what I thought from the bathroom as I tried to take a quick piss before OT.

Reactions: LJ7

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Trade Korpisalo and Elvis at the deadline. Berube and Tarasov tandem for next season :sarcasm:. Joking aside, great game by Berube. Also Gaunce is surprising me since his callup.

Overtime was perfect. Jenner wins the faceoff and then goes off. Voracek comes on and what a rush by him. Laine being Laine with a snipe.
In two game BERUBE hasn’t given up a soft goal, they’ve either been earned or gifted by Officials.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I`m very glad for Patrik and Adam :nod: But I would like to wrote about pleasant suprise for me. It`s the 4th line, especially Gaunce . Agressive, excelent forchecking, backchecking, speed. Or Peeke. Yes he isn`t extra good in offense but he`s real warrior.
Don`t forget on guys on PK. Roslo`s play there is a shock for me. :)
Many players aren`t extra skill but the whole team fought and I loved it. :thumbu:

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I can see the comparison but history would say not sure we can count on his lighting up the scoreboard…But love what he’s doing now.

People here said the same type of things about Anthony Duclair and Jonathan Messershault.

This team is so hard-up for goal scoring and we’re going to “yeah but” the one call up that has actually worked out?

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So after 2nd period I thought other lines than the first really need to step up, and that really happened, which was great to see.

Bjorkstrand is confusing me at the moment, he got nothing done against easy matchups, but then in the 3rd when they started to play his line against Matthews', he did really well. Good thing because the Jenner line started to look exhausted playing against them. They did great in the 1st but as the game went on, the tables seemed to get turned.

This Toronto team is really skilled and the top-6 is pretty stacked but I'm still skeptical of them getting very far in the playoffs.
It seemed to me that Voracek had problems.
Kuraly and Nyquist plays excelent without the puck. It was very important.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If that is the interpretation of the rule then kicking will rarely if ever be called

He
1) turned his foot to direct the puck towards the net
2) pushed his foot forwards towards the net

I maintain, if that’s not a kick then there’s never been a distinct kicking motion ever.

Imagine a player with a soccer style kick where the blade comes dangerously high off the ice. That's what the rule is meant to prevent. Everything else is meant to be legal now, that's what the rule change was about last summer, and they've been allowing goals like this all year.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Bjorkstrand is confusing me at the moment, he got nothing done against easy matchups, but then in the 3rd when they started to play his line against Matthews', he did really well. Good thing because the Jenner line started to look exhausted playing against them. They did great in the 1st but as the game went on, the tables seemed to get turned.

Bjorkstrand is kinda concerning me.... he's not playing terrible, as in causing opponent goals (although he has a horrendous plus/minus) but he's not being the offensive threat we need him to be.
I felt he was mostly invisible tonight.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Berube and Gaunce have been filling in nicely, but the sooner the regulars get back, the better.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
9 points out of a playoff spot. 32 games to go.
Playoff series against Tampa, Florida or Carolina would definitely help Jarmo to assess Laine's real value before the contract negotiations (other potential future core players' value too, of course).

Reactions: VT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad