Proposal: Toronto and Columbus

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
As a leaf fan I like it. A first and a conditional 3rd for Bozak is an over payment. Johnson and Murray for Gardiner is fair.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
giphy.gif

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What a **** poor deal for Columbus. Bozak is not an improvement over Wennberg, and at best a marginal one over Dubinsky, so he would be redundant in their system. Heck, they even have Jenner, looking at a bounce back year in 17-18, and Dubois, who has massive potential (albeit questionable as a C). That is not something they should be trading Murray for.

A neutral counter-proposal, assuming that Columbus traded from their blue line to acquire help at center...

Nazem Kadri
Connor Carrick

for

David Savard
Tyler Motte

With both teams acquiring something for the position in which they are weak at, they end up with another position looking relatively thin. That's why Motte and Carrick are there - they are somewhat viable options for their respective teams' bottom lines or pairings. Kadri and Savard are pretty equal in value, hence why I didn't bother to add picks to either side of the equation.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
A neutral counter-proposal, assuming that Columbus traded from their blue line to acquire help at center...

Nazem Kadri
Connor Carrick

for

David Savard
Tyler Motte

With both teams acquiring something for the position in which they are weak at, they end up with another position looking relatively thin. That's why Motte and Carrick are there - they are somewhat viable options for their respective teams' bottom lines or pairings. Kadri and Savard are pretty equal in value, hence why I didn't bother to add picks to either side of the equation.

Respectful pass from Toronto. Value is very fair, just think kadri would be missed in the lineup more than the upgrade that savard would provide

I'd do Carrick+ for Savard, but I imagine Columbus is looking for now players and not pick/prospect

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Why im open to trading Gardiner ,

Left shooting Dman we have in our system . Just to new few !
Rielly
Andrew Nielsen
ANDREAS BORGMAN
CALLE ROSÉN
Travis Dermott
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan O'Connell
J.D. Greenway
Keaton Middleton
Stephen Desrocher

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is the OP serious? That deal is way too much in favour for the Leafs. The counter proposal mentioned is way more fair.
Does Bozak have any value, other than as a TDL acquisition? And then he'd garner a second, at best. I like Gardiner.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The 1st offer is a God no from the CBJ and the 2nd one makes no sense. We cant trade savard or jones we have no RHD depth outwide of them. We already have murray playing offhand and didnt play as well partially because that.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
Is the OP serious? That deal is way too much in favour for the Leafs. The counter proposal mentioned is way more fair.
Does Bozak have any value, other than as a TDL acquisition? And then he'd garner a second, at best. I like Gardiner.

Yup, nobody needs 50 point C's...

A swing and a miss.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
What a **** poor deal for Columbus. Bozak is not an improvement over Wennberg, and at best a marginal one over Dubinsky, so he would be redundant in their system. Heck, they even have Jenner, looking at a bounce back year in 17-18, and Dubois, who has massive potential (albeit questionable as a C). That is not something they should be trading Murray for.

Nazem Kadri
Connor Carrick

for

David Savard
Tyler Motte

No Thanks

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yup, nobody needs 50 point C's...

A swing and a miss.
Is he a 50pt C on every team? If he's playing 3C in a primarily defensive spot is 50 a guarantee? The Jackets don't need a 3C anyways they need a 1 or 2. Wennberg as one and slide Dubi down to 3 hopefully. But I'd rather Dubi over Bozak any day for a 2C so Bozak has 0 purpose for us.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
To TOR:
Jack Johnson
Ryan Murray
2018 1st
2019 conditional third (if Bozak re signs)

To CBJ
Tyler Bozak
Jake Gardiner

I might do this as a Jackets fan - if they really want to go for it this year and they can't get a better center, then this might work. Still, the picks really tilt the value. They would probably get a much better center elsewhere, maybe even Duchene, for that package.

Nazem Kadri
Connor Carrick

for

David Savard
Tyler Motte

The first deal is better for Columbus. I wouldn't do the second. I know Kadri is more valuable than Bozak, but Savard is >>> Murray and JJ. He's not replaceable, they are. Look at the wowys from last year, Savard carried JJ.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
Is he a 50pt C on every team? If he's playing 3C in a primarily defensive spot is 50 a guarantee? The Jackets don't need a 3C anyways they need a 1 or 2. Wennberg as one and slide Dubi down to 3 hopefully. But I'd rather Dubi over Bozak any day for a 2C so Bozak has 0 purpose for us.

Why would you use him that way? Dubinsky would be your matchup C as always and Bozak would be your second offensive C with Wennberg.

This 2/3 nomenclature is ********.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
I might do this as a Jackets fan - if they really want to go for it this year and they can't get a better center, then this might work. Still, the picks really tilt the value. They would probably get a much better center elsewhere, maybe even Duchene, for that package.

But then they wouldn't have Gardiner too....

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Why im open to trading Gardiner ,

Left shooting Dman we have in our system . Just to new few !
Rielly
Andrew Nielsen
ANDREAS BORGMAN
CALLE ROSÉN
Travis Dermott
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan O'Connell
J.D. Greenway
Keaton Middleton
Stephen Desrocher

Only Reilly can play top 4 minutes no one on that list can be anything but a 3rd pair lhd this upcoming season. Just because the leafs have depth doesn't mean they are good enough for the top 4.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016

You might want to try paying attention to what happens at the deadline this year...or any other deadline in the past for that matter. Then you'll see how wrong this statement is. Players much worse than Bozak fetch much more than a 2nd on a consistent basis.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
You might want to try paying attention to what happens at the deadline this year...or any other deadline in the past for that matter. Then you'll see how wrong this statement is. Players much worse than Bozak fetch much more than a 2nd on a consistent basis.

Bozak probably gets second and an okay prospect or 2 seconds

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Why would you use him that way? Dubinsky would be your matchup C as always and Bozak would be your second offensive C with Wennberg.

This 2/3 nomenclature is ********.
Because Dubi can score the same while playing defense as well... why trade good players for 0 upgrade?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
But then they wouldn't have Gardiner too....

Don't need him.

Werenski, Carlsson, Nutivaara (all '15ers) all need minutes on the left side. Get a cheap vet to help when needed. Kukan and Harrington I think are good 6/7 options too.

I know the name recognition isn't there yet, and there's some risk, but the three young D there were better than Murray and JJ. And if the older D have enough value to score a #1C, then the Jackets should be all over it.

LoovTrain

Stanley... Come Home
May 6, 2015
Toronto
Because Dubi can score the same while playing defense as well... why trade good players for 0 upgrade?

Do you have a third C better than (or even close to) Bozak?

Dubi = Kadri (playing defense and scoring points).

Wennberg = Matthews (figuratively)

Bozak = Bozak.

If you are gunning for a true #1C well then that package ain't gonna do it.

You also seem to overlook the fact that Jake Gardiner is... by far... the best player in this deal, and choose to argue over Tyler Bozak.

Wennberg
Dubinsky
Bozak

Werenski - Jones
Gardiner - Savard

pretty sweet

Using your logic, why would the Leafs make this trade ... neither JJ or Murray are an upgrade on Gardiner?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad