Proposal: Toronto and Calgary (Not Nylander or Hamilton)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Congratulations. He went from putrid to bearable. Totally worth a 1st round pick then.
Hamonic was very good against the nyi.
He rebounded after a slow start.
Not sure if Leaf fans are trashing him because they do not realize he turned his season around or if they simply want to add a quality, top 4 RHD without giving up anything of real value.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Hamonic was very good against the nyi.
He rebounded after a slow start.
Not sure if Leaf fans are trashing him because they do not realize he turned his season around or if they simply want to add a quality, top 4 RHD without giving up anything of real value.
I don't see Calgary moving Hamonic at this time.
Brodie or Stone are more likely to moved IMO.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Not saying it isn't a fair trade, but distrust the (some) of the Calgary fan base hype about Hamonic being 4 Dmen. How many top 4 Dmen can an out of the playoff team have?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Easy pass from Calgary. Gardener could be added to this and I’d still pass. I love what Hamonic adds to our blue line.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not saying it isn't a fair trade, but distrust the (some) of the Calgary fan base hype about Hamonic being 4 Dmen. How many top 4 Dmen can an out of the playoff team have?

If top 4 D was the only thing that got you to the playoffs the TML would not of made those same playoffs . Calgary is lacking upfront not on D and you do realize that 95% of your score is done by forwards

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hammer was solid for us.
You don't trade a top 4D for a Tweener and a 3rd.

Any interest on Toronto's end for Gardiner for Mangi and a 3rd?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If top 4 D was the only thing that got you to the playoffs the TML would not of made those same playoffs . Calgary is lacking upfront not on D and you do realize that 95% of your score is done by forwards

Seeing an Edmonton Oiler fan having more sense than Toronto fans; regarding the Calgary Flames is truly a demonstration of the times on this forum right now :laugh:

I love the "LoL Calgary, 5 1D's not in playoffs! HAhahaha!" stupidity.
Not sure what more that D could have done. They were top 5-10 in almost every defensive metric; and provided 40 goals from the backend. Compare that to a Toronto team that scored a tonne more goals and only got 30 from theirs. Bad coaching, no depth hurt Calgary a lot more than any D this season (minus Bartkowski).

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
yeah I don't always like to drag advanced stats into discussions, but his cf%, gf%, and xgf% are all negative relative to his team. he also doesn't play particularly tough minutes and he plays with a partner who's better than he is. that all tells me that his defensive impact is heavily overstated. Plus he brings worse offensive production than Polak, which terrifies me

Hamonic and Brodie were used as our shut down pair by Gulutzan, so not sure where you get that he wasn't playing tough minutes?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
sure. but then you go and make a comment about kapanen which suggests you know nothing about him. 2nd most dangerous leaf in the playoffs (outside of marner)

Still not even close to a blue chipper.

Its nice that he had a good little streak, but his body of work pretty much shows. Not a blue chipper and not that great of a trading chip.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hamonic and Brodie were used as our shut down pair by Gulutzan, so not sure where you get that he wasn't playing tough minutes?
this is what happens when people only read stats because games are on after their mom made them go to bed

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Don't hate it. Hamonic definitely fills a need. Most other teams don't understand how high leaf fans are on kap though. He isn't offered because fans want him gone, rather because he is a cost controlled speedster with good defensive awareness and a good shot. I'd sooner trade Conner Brown and I love Conner Brown's play style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad