Proposal: Toronto and Anaheim

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Seems like a loss for Toronto. Trading a guy who produces half a point a game rate and will keep getting better for a guy who's appears to be just a 4th liner with toughness. We'd have to add to get Robertson.
That's not necessarily the problem with the trade from T.O. perspective (though I also agree), its just that it doesn't actually help Toronto in any way to add another bottom 6 guy.

We dont even really need bottom pairing defenceman, as most leafs fans have been happily shocked by Benoit's play (I personally consider him our 5, over Giordano right now) and happy with Lagesson and Timmons behind him as 7/8's so moving Robertson for a bottom pair, limited upside Dman isnt really what we are after either.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Leafs need defenseman.

What's the ask for like Helleson?
Not huge, he's pretty low on the depth chart because of how stacked the Ducks are on D prospects, but he is a RHD which makes him a bit more valuable. That said, I think he's effectively logjammed and the Ducks will need to move him to give him a shot on another roster. 2nd or similar quality forward prospect gets it done most likely.

Reactions: BonMorrison

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Not huge, he's pretty low on the depth chart because of how stacked the Ducks are on D prospects, but he is a RHD which makes him a bit more valuable. That said, I think he's effectively logjammed and the Ducks will need to move him to give him a shot on another roster. 2nd or similar quality forward prospect gets it done most likely.

I liked what I saw from Helleson's short stint last season and would likely give up a 2nd to see if he pans out here but idk how other Leaf fans feel about that.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I liked what I saw from Helleson's short stint last season and would likely give up a 2nd to see if he pans out here but idk how other Leaf fans feel about that.
Yeah, given that Toronto would be a late 2nd there might need to be some kind of small deal sweetener going Anaheim's way, but he's probably better than what Toronto would get with a late 2nd this year and he's more NHL ready.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, given that Toronto would be a late 2nd there might need to be some kind of small deal sweetener going Anaheim's way, but he's probably better than what Toronto would get with a late 2nd this year and he's more NHL ready.
Very late as in years from now. The Leafs currently don't have a second until like 2027.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ducks

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Robertson with limited minutes / PP time has 7 goals, Jones has 8 points. I certainly enjoy other elements of the game but Anaheim would probably need to add in a 3rd to make it interesting for Toronto.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Robertson with limited minutes / PP time has 7 goals, Jones has 8 points. I certainly enjoy other elements of the game but Anaheim would probably need to add in a 3rd to make it interesting for Toronto.
I’d do that pretty comfortably, we got 3 3rds so far this year

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Honestly robertson has shown some flashes this year. His production is surprising given his ice time(getting the occasional look with top players helps tho). But he's shown he can play. Would be a solid add for the ducks.

Jones could really add some jam to the Leafs which they can lack.

Man that's a doozy. Must be a pretty equal trade.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad