NHL Toronto’s Nazem Kadri suspended three games for boarding Boston’s Tommy Wingels.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure I can agree with this.

All games are watched in New York and when an incident occurs, DOPS immediately begins to look at it. You can rest comfortably knowing they watched the boarding earlier in the game by Kadri. The same goes for the knee on knee with Nash.

I would think the combination of the three incidence had more to do with the suspension handed down then anything Kadri said post game.

Quite possible the other two incidents factored in, in fact very likely. Totally agree.

But the league, IMO, has been hyper-sensitive about payback or vigilante justice every since the Bertuzzi incident and the fall-out from that in terms of lawsuits.

Reactions: TCL40

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Quite possible the other two incidents factored in, in fact very likely. Totally agree.

But the league, IMO, has been hyper-sensitive about payback or vigilante justice every since the Bertuzzi incident and the fall-out from that in terms of lawsuits.

Exactly, if the suspension was too short, then the series could really got out of hand with the Bruins trying to exact revenge and the Leafs responding.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
OOOOh man, you guys are lucky. I have the DVD Cabin Fever, and of course the double album Before the Freeze...After the Frost.....great, great stuff......a shame the boys can't work out their differences.

Three words for you: The Magpie Salute. They are amazing! If you ever get a chance to see them, do it. :thumbu:

Is it 8 o'clock yet? Been looking forward to this game all day!!

vwbm

Aug 27, 2013
interesting write up from a leaf writer

suspension length. I think 3 games is ridiculous. Compare it to Marchand’s egregious elblow to the head on Johansson earlier in the season. Marchand’s a repeat offender obviously. That elbow on Johansson was a blatant attempt to injure with the head as the point of contact after the whistle. Johansson hasn’t played since. Played 29 games this year. Marchand gets five games. Just five. To me, three playoff games is a huge suspension — it’s like six or seven regular season games. How is what Kadri did worse than what Marchand did? … I am not condoning what Kadri did. That intent of leaving the feet at a vulnerable player is brutal. These decisions don’t happen in a vacuum. There is the Tom Wilson hit in the same night that goes unpunished. There is that Thornton hit that concussed Oshie making the rounds which was essentially the identical scenario to Kadri’s, except instead of Kadri going up and over and just glancing off of the guy, Thornton plows the head directly into the boards with his ass. So long as Thornton gets nothing for that because he’s Thornton, and Kadri gets three playoff games for a lesser offense, don’t tell me we’re making progress on player safety and eliminating head shots from the game. … And don’t tell me that that department of player safety is anything more than just an arm of the NHL’s PR department that doles out punishment based on the public outcry and the need to respond in order seem like they’re serious about eliminating head shots from the game. They’re not. Thornton on Oshie is an easy one for the league to ignore, because it’s a star player in Thornton and it’s a San Jose vs. Washington game and it didn’t generate the same level of hysteria this Kadri hit did, with huge swaths of media are already discussing what the length of the suspension is going to be before the game is even over. … These things just build on themselves. Kadri has definitely put himself in tough spots over the years – he was an immature player at times who could let emotions get the better of him. I also have no doubt that he’s been unfairly maligned at times because he’s now got this history the league can point to…. Funny though, when you let certain guys get away with things because of who they are, where the game is played, and how the public is reacting, they magically don’t have this history that then mandates disciplinary action and longer suspensions. Funny how that works, eh?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

suspension length. I think 3 games is ridiculous. Compare it to Marchand’s egregious elblow to the head on Johansson earlier in the season. Marchand’s a repeat offender obviously. That elbow on Johansson was a blatant attempt to injure with the head as the point of contact after the whistle. Johansson hasn’t played since. Played 29 games this year. Marchand gets five games. Just five. To me, three playoff games is a huge suspension — it’s like six or seven regular season games. How is what Kadri did worse than what Marchand did? … I am not condoning what Kadri did. That intent of leaving the feet at a vulnerable player is brutal. These decisions don’t happen in a vacuum. There is the Tom Wilson hit in the same night that goes unpunished. There is that Thornton hit that concussed Oshie making the rounds which was essentially the identical scenario to Kadri’s, except instead of Kadri going up and over and just glancing off of the guy, Thornton plows the head directly into the boards with his ass. So long as Thornton gets nothing for that because he’s Thornton, and Kadri gets three playoff games for a lesser offense, don’t tell me we’re making progress on player safety and eliminating head shots from the game. … And don’t tell me that that department of player safety is anything more than just an arm of the NHL’s PR department that doles out punishment based on the public outcry and the need to respond in order seem like they’re serious about eliminating head shots from the game. They’re not. Thornton on Oshie is an easy one for the league to ignore, because it’s a star player in Thornton and it’s a San Jose vs. Washington game and it didn’t generate the same level of hysteria this Kadri hit did, with huge swaths of media are already discussing what the length of the suspension is going to be before the game is even over. … These things just build on themselves. Kadri has definitely put himself in tough spots over the years – he was an immature player at times who could let emotions get the better of him. I also have no doubt that he’s been unfairly maligned at times because he’s now got this history the league can point to…. Funny though, when you let certain guys get away with things because of who they are, where the game is played, and how the public is reacting, they magically don’t have this history that then mandates disciplinary action and longer suspensions. Funny how that works, eh?

Nobody. Gives. A. Shit.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

"Interesting" is probably not the word I'd use. Kadri threw 3 suspendable hits. He's lucky it's only 3 games. f*** him, f*** the Leafs, f*** their fans, f*** their media. They are by far the most pathetic franchise in hockey.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

:laugh: Right down to the last “eh?”

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Three words for you: The Magpie Salute. They are amazing! If you ever get a chance to see them, do it. :thumbu:

Is it 8 o'clock yet? Been looking forward to this game all day!!
Thanks for that, I'd known Young Rich was doing his own thing, but this band IS as close to the Crowes as there is now I guess. Glad you mentioed it, 'cause I'm gonna have to buy the album now.

Go B's

Reactions: Mistah Ungah

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Stopped reading after you talked about 3 games being more like 6 or 7. It’s three games.

f*** off.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Well seeing your a Leaf fan and obviously lost let me give you a tip..

We dont give a flying f***.

‘Night

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I mean, he's not wrong on how the DoPSS operates. But he's viewing of the Kadri hit as nothing is beyond reality. It's only not worse because Wingels saw him at the last moment and ducked slightly.

Seriously, that could have been really really bad if he hadn't.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

016539b9ebe6a5a38bfd384f75d1b1dbc1e99c02f2eeb2a126a8a14b3f5836e0.jpg

Reactions: hoss75 and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I mean, he's not wrong on how the DoPSS operates. But he's viewing of the Kadri hit as nothing is beyond reality. It's only not worse because Wingels saw him at the last moment and ducked slightly.

Seriously, that could have been really really bad if he hadn't.
...except for Brad Marchand doesn't get away with anything. He gets called for stuff that the DOPS lets go with many players.

Reactions: bbfan419

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
...except for Brad Marchand doesn't get away with anything. He gets called for stuff that the DOPS lets go with many players.
I agree and I hope Brad realizes this and does not cross the line at anytime, because they will nail him and we cannot afford to lose him for any length of time.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Losing Kadri is a big loss for the leafs that their media and fan base seem to underestimate. He's their defensive force and without him they are in trouble. Radio here was talking about how they won without Matthews for extended periods so they can easily deal with no Kadri. IMO it's much easier for an offensive minded team dealing with the loss of their best offensive player than it is to lose their best defensive player. I'm happy he's gone for the 3.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

wrong board kiddo, share this with a fan base who gives a rats arse

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Yeah-there is no way the league can condone retaliatory hits. At least the illegal variety.

Kadri pretty much guaranteed a suspension when he argued it was after seeing Marner get hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad