Player Discussion Torey Krug VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Like Keug and appreciate what he’s done but I am glad the Bruins are moving on. These are the types of UFA deals teams regret most of the time. Declining mid-tier player being overpaid and on long term.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Will always love Tory and what he brought to the Bs but seven years just isn't doable

Glad DS is being objective and hard- headed about the current roster ( funny but if this was the Pats fans would be applauding)......

The KEY question- does DS have a follow up move

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Whichever side you fall on towards the on-ice player... or him leaving.

Always have a tonne of respect for Krug for signing in Boston back when their defence was stacked. He could've gone the Schultz route (Edmonton - same year) and been guaranteed a top 6 but chose the harder option that would put him in a winning environment and be better for his development as a player but a much harder road to get to the NHL. That speaks a lot about his character.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Will miss Torey. Great character, a locker room leader, earned his place the hard way. Always gave 100% for the Bruins, had a fantastic run in the 2019 playoffs. Deserved a tidy pay day. But in the end, I'm glad it's not Boston that's paying it. I could just about have lived with the money, but the term is 2 years too many. Wouldn't want us to be saddled with that.

But good on him. Blues should be a good fit and they should be a contender for at least the first half of his contract. Wish him nothing but the best. Good luck Hobbit!

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Can't wait till Sweeney and Neely no longer run things.

Perhaps the Bruins made the right decision and both sides were professional about the process. It is business for both sides after all. Neither side owed the other.

We will miss Krug more than some of us are telling ourselves of course. A hell of a talent and leader.

If the Bruins have an actual plan to validate the non-extension then good for us, and good for Krug to get the new contract.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Welp.

I've always liked Krug. Would I give him seven years? No.

He got what he wanted elsewhere, that's his right.

St. Louis? Yuck.

Now Marchand's gonna need someone else to pick on. And Pasta needs a new spinning partner.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Krug was rad, but this team needs a little change. Him leaving will help force that.

I think the play is to give the young guys some time and add a d-man at the deadline. Focus on the forwards right now in FA.

I'm in the extreme minority here in that the Blues are my second favorite team (my dad's from StL and they're his team) so I like that Krug signed with I team I like. Best of luck to Torey.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Appreciate Krug and his time here. We'll miss him for sure. The contract is a little pricey especially with financial unknowns, but can understand it from his side.

While Krug had his warts... He still contributed... And we need someone in a top 4 capacity.

Hope there is a plan. Because going signing Craig Smith and Kevan Miller better not be the plan.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
letting him go was the right move but I'm gutted to see him in St Louis

I also really hate how Sweeney apparently handled this. If there was no chance of a deal then they should have let him know and ideally would have traded his rights. his comments about how there was no communication really bother me and are a black eye on the organization when Krug was a guy who was a true soldier for this team.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
letting him go was the right move but I'm gutted to see him in St Louis

I also really hate how Sweeney apparently handled this. If there was no chance of a deal then they should have let him know and ideally would have traded his rights. his comments about how there was no communication really bother me and are a black eye on the organization when Krug was a guy who was a true soldier for this team.

I mean come on... f***ing bush league from sweeney

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We will miss him... Several times next season when the PP is awful or the PP is anemic we'll wish we had him. He can't be replaced by the "next man up", we need someone to match or exceed his contributions. It won't be easy.

Terrific player and Bruin, and a really great person too. Unlike many others he completely earned this paycheck. All the best too him and hope he continues to succeed.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Can't wait till Sweeney and Neely no longer run things.

mom the contrary I think this is the right decision. 7 years at $6.5 per season is David Backes 2.0

only problem I have with this is that they knew they weren’t re-signing him so they should have traded him last off-season and filled the void in free agency.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
mom the contrary I think this is the right decision. 7 years at $6.5 per season is David Backes 2.0

only problem I have with this is that they knew they weren’t re-signing him so they should have traded him last off-season and filled the void in free agency.

Sure you say that now cuz we didnt win the cup...but there was no reason to trade him thjs year. We were all in.

This place would've ripped sweeney a new one if we got back lesser assets

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sure you say that now cuz we didnt win the cup...but there was no reason to trade him thjs year. We were all in.

This place would've ripped sweeney a new one if we got back lesser assets

I said trade him last off season, but I’ve never really been a huge krug fan due to his poor defense and 5v5 play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad