Player Discussion Torey Krug VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Krug not getting a pick could be as simple as him telling the Bruins it’s my number or I’m hitting UFA. Or his agent slipping it out to other teams. Or his asking price has scared teams off. Agents and GMs are in constant contact regardless of the FA rules. How do you think the Edmundson deal got done so quick? Clearly the player and team knew there would be common ground.

not getting a mid round pick for Krug isn’t the end of the f***ing world.

And this is coming from someone who is not really a Sweeney fan.
No, it's not. But at the end of the day, if the Bruins had a chance to get something instead of letting him walk... If there was an offer and Sweeney didn't agree to it hoping for something better or thinking Krug would re-sign, then that's on him.

Bruins already don't have a first, figure they could still at least stock up on other picks, just as more darts to throw in the draft game.

If there was never really an offer then, I'm wrong.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No, it's not. But at the end of the day, if the Bruins had a chance to get something instead of letting him walk... If there was an offer and Sweeney didn't agree to it hoping for something better or thinking Krug would re-sign, then that's on him.

Bruins already don't have a first, figure they could still at least stock up on other picks, just as more darts to throw in the draft game.

If there was never really an offer then, I'm wrong.

I doubt there has been an offer.

So much talk about Detroit might discourage any bidding.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
From Sportsnet today:

CHASING TOREY

In a league where cap space is king, Steve Yzerman possesses more of it than virtually all of his peers.
He also has more available roster spots than NHL-ready prospects after an off-season where the Detroit Red Wings let Jonathan Ericsson, Trevor Daley and Jimmy Howard walk away in free agency, bought out Justin Abdelkader and didn’t tender qualifying offers to Madison Bowey, Christoffer Ehn and Brendan Perlini.
That’s led to increased chatter that the Red Wings are poised to take a run at free-agent defenceman

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I was in the "pay Krug" camp until this playoffs. He just can't play enough D (too slow) and the PP will find other catalysts.
That said I will never forget the excitement he brought in his first few games and the leadership he brought thereafter.
Best of luck. And thank you.

Reactions: wintersej

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was in the "pay Krug" camp until this playoffs. He just can't play enough D (too slow) and the PP will find other catalysts.
That said I will never forget the excitement he brought in his first few games and the leadership he brought thereafter.
Well said

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Judging any player in this year's sh*tshow of a playoff set up is a fools errand.

By your logic we should dump Carlo since he was a pylon

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
He was fun to watch and a great Bruin. Sad to see him go however I’m not sorry that isn’t a contract we signed him too. Seems like the exact dollars we were offering

Reactions: sarge88

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017

2nd best player during the cup run imo. Was an absolute electric factory when he burst onto the scene against the Rangers

thanks for everything Torey!

That was 2013...

Here's a bonus since I just posted it in another thread.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That was 2013...

Here's a bonus since I just posted it in another thread.

I know he burst onto the scene back then, I’m just saying independently he was IMO the best player outside of Rask in the playoffs last year.

amazing video, I remember going nuts about this kid every time he fired

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Sounds like Krug circled back to BOS before signing with the Blues, and was told their (Bruins) offer was off the table.

Great Bruin, but glad they didn't do that contract.

Reactions: sarge88 and BBB24

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'll miss the Hobbit. Some of you took him for granted.

I'll miss the Hobbit too, but I won't miss the term and salary he would have gotten to stay here. If he is still putting up 60 points a season and maintaining his barely adequate defense in four years, I will gladly eat my crow.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im guessing he will be a buyout the last 3 years... but I dont blame him. he is what he is. for the next couple years our fans will cry about how much we miss him

hell we were upset for a year or two when boychuck left for 6 million too

boychuck will turn 37 this year and is making 6 mill... he will turn 38 next year... and will still be costing a team 6 mill on its cap

term term term

you give the term to the young guys on their second contracts... you give the big annual cap hits to the unrestricted free agents as a reward for reacing ufa.

its so backwards now when the kids are getting paid so much money and then the slow developers have to fight for the ridiculous ufa contracts to even things up

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Glad Krug got a good contract. Nothing but love for all that he contributed while with the Bs. I hope he continues to have a great career.

Ditto. Let's see what they do in response. My guess? Nothing.

Could be wrong, but these are Harry Sinden's kids. OC's kids. If they have a direction for this team, I doubt they will properly institute it.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It was time with his replacement on the roster.

But honestly I don't think I can think of any offense first D man (not talking about Norris consideration guys) I like more than Krug pretty much ever. Hes definitly my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->