Player Discussion Torey Krug VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I get his agent asking for that - it's market rate. I don't think Sweeney would go there though. Maybe they meet in the middle when it comes down to making the decision. Maybe Tory takes his game elsewhere.

It'd be a shame to see him go, but he's always bet on himself and he's certainly earned the opportunity to cash in somewhere if that's where his head is.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
I mean I am no master negotiator but do we really think he expects to get his initial ask? Wouldn’t a negotiation go like we offer X (which would clearly lean towards team friendly) then the player counters with Y (more player friendly) and then we settle at Z (somewhere in the middle). Idk I just can’t see it being this is the players ask and the team can take it or leave it.

If that indeed is the case I leave it. He’s a big piece of a team that has many other great pieces and numerous replacement options. It does shock me that he’s demand to be the highest paid player on the roster but what do I know?

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I mean I am no master negotiator but do we really think he expects to get his initial ask? Wouldn’t a negotiation go like we offer X (which would clearly lean towards team friendly) then the player counters with Y (more player friendly) and then we settle at Z (somewhere in the middle). Idk I just can’t see it being this is the players ask and the team can take it or leave it.

If that indeed is the case I leave it. He’s a big piece of a team that has many other great pieces and numerous replacement options. It does shock me that he’s demand to be the highest paid player on the roster but what do I know?

He will go to free agency and get his price and his camp knows it.They are well aware Pastrnak is worth more then what he is getting as well going by other players salaries like say Marner .I do not see no discount coming with this guy nor do I see Bruins paying the ask.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
He will go to free agency and get his price and his camp knows it.They are well aware Pastrnak is worth more then what he is getting as well going by other players salaries like say Marner .I do not see no discount coming with this guy nor do I see Bruins paying the ask.

Wow. Fair enough from both sides I guess.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Boston would be wise to let Krug walk. Chara should also retire at the end of the season, regardless of whether it ends in another Stanley Cup. Boston needs to look to the future and to not be tied to a long-term deal for Krug that could be an anchor in a few years' time. I'd like to see the following next season:

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Lauzon-Carlo
Vaak-Clifton
Zboril/Moore

I do this for next season. If that group isn’t all that you upgrade at the deadline or around/after the expansion draft. Might lose someone to it but who knows they could want one of our forwards.

Since Kampfer has another year you have 5 LD and 4 RD that can play.

Reactions: Estlin

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Guy is a clown. No way in hell is this true.

Why he has the point totals. UFA d men of his caliber get paid. I just think this summer is a good time for both sides to part ways. We don’t need to spend every cent of cap room. Don’t become Chicago it LAK.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Guy is a clown. No way in hell is this true.

I don't think it's at all out of the realm of possibility. Contracts are stupid these days and Krug is a premier offensive defenseman in the league. Teams have given out as much or more to guys that bring less offense than he does. Look at what Kevin Hayes got, for example. Apples and oranges I know in terms of skill sets, but Krug is among the best at what he does and I should think there would be a lot of clubs interested in that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why he has the point totals. UFA d men of his caliber get paid. I just think this summer is a good time for both sides to part ways. We don’t need to spend every cent of cap room. Don’t become Chicago it LAK.
So you believe everything you read with numbers as true? The rush to trust one person in the Boston media is alarming.

Leaking numbers is anything but cordial which is what Don Sweeney has said about any discussions. It also flies in the face of how the Bruins operate.

I think this guy looks absolutely foolish.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Doesn’t matter if what the reporter put out there or not is true. The comps are out there. Hell, he could make 8.2 and still be a better value than several in the top 10.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Boston would be wise to let Krug walk. Chara should also retire at the end of the season, regardless of whether it ends in another Stanley Cup. Boston needs to look to the future and to not be tied to a long-term deal for Krug that could be an anchor in a few years' time. I'd like to see the following next season:

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Lauzon-Carlo
Vaak-Clifton
Zboril/Moore

A few months ago I was more worried about letting Krug walk, in large part because the Bruins PP is a big part of their success. But with McAvoy upping his game offensively of late, I'm not as worried that the PP will take a major hit when he QB's the first unit in the event Krug leaves. Also, the emergence of Lauzon and his ability to play both sides makes me feel better about losing one of their top 6 D (or two if Chara packs it in).

Reactions: Strafer and Estlin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Doesn’t matter if what the reporter put out there or not is true. The comps are out there. Hell, he could make 8.2 and still be a better value than several in the top 10.
I think it is an irresponsible tweet to come out and claim that Krug has indeed asked for that.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think it is an irresponsible tweet to come out and claim that Krug has indeed asked for that.

How do know it's not true? Is that guy notorious for shoveling shit? I don't know much about him, to be honest.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
35422A79-DE65-45E8-90AA-963524C8E7FA.png

Fair comps?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He’s pretty consistently out produced all of them leading up to the deal

Faulk cracked 40 pts once in his career - Krug has only failed to score 40 once in his career (the year he got 39).

Carlson had a monster year leading up to his deal and has exploded since.

Maybe people really don’t realize what kind of production Krug has been consistently putting up since he stepped on the ice for the Bruins. He’s right there with anyone in the game

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I don't trust any numbers reported in the media around supposedly confidential contract negotiations. Perhaps in this case the source is accurate, perhaps not, but I don't read much into it.

Really for Krug it's very simple - if he wants his market value he'll go elsewhere, if he wants to remain with a known competitive team and with a setup and teammates with which he's comfortable then he'll accept less and stay. I'm on record as believing that he'll stay and I think 6/42 is around the max Sweeney will offer and I think Krug will ultimately find something like that acceptable. But if he wants more and he chases it elsewhere then good luck to him. He's valuable to the Bs but not indispensable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zillah and Strafer

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
How do know it's not true? Is that guy notorious for shoveling shit? I don't know much about him, to be honest.
The Bruins do not leak stuff like this and haven't since loose lips Chiarelli got the heave ho.

This would be out of character for the team and Krug to do especially given the moves made a week ago.

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT

I’m leaning this way too the more I think about it because I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Krug himself in interviews say it wasn’t something he was going to worry about or focus on during the season.

Reactions: Alicat

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
6 years, 7.5M.

He can ask a lot of money on July 1, and avoiding 7 to 8 years is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad