Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug signing 4 year deal

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
4 year 17-19 about right

5 year - 23-24 million

Market has been set lower than expected with vat and jones. Can see him getting a little more and wouldn't outrage me but those are how I view his value. Good player, glad he is signed but there better be 1 if not 2 d coming In better than Krug or its gonna be a long year.

Saw him little inder 5 in value by not surprised they overpaid a little. As I said, no outrage here, good player. Plays with some edge to go with all that puck moving skill.

Again be it shatt or dumba or Brodin or dark horse via trade or demers via Ufa. Or my beloved trouba thru offer sheet induced forced trade there better be more to come on the back end.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Saw him little inder 5 in value by not surprised they overpaid a little. As I said, no outrage here, good player. Plays with some edge to go with all that puck moving skill.

Again be it shatt or dumba or Brodin or dark horse via trade or demers via Ufa. Or my beloved trouba thru offer sheet induced forced trade there better be more to come on the back end.

If we are to believe rumors that Minnesota wouldn't offer more than Dumba for Nugent-Hopkins, then I'm thinking it'll be difficult for Sweeney to snag one of the Minny dmen unless he's willing to part with Pastrnak.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Guys gonna have to start hitting the net to earn that coin. Pretty awful deal.

A 4 goal season didn't effect the contract at all. No problem.

I assumed they'd overpay a little and that's what happened.

Didn't hold out much hope they'd make him give away some money for going from a goal-scoring D to 4 goals.

And then...paid a bit more. 5 per was max/top dollar for me.

But ehh, I'm happy to have him back. Had to have him. And his agent knew it.

Last edited:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If anything, him having that outrageously low shooting percentage kept the cost down. Imagine the cost of he scored mid to high 50s

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I've been thinking 5 x $5M all along. 4 x $5.25M is certainly acceptable. Would have prefered an extra year or two.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If we are to believe rumors that Minnesota wouldn't offer more than Dumba for Nugent-Hopkins, then I'm thinking it'll be difficult for Sweeney to snag one of the Minny dmen unless he's willing to part with Pastrnak.

I wouldn't have even offered Dumba. RNH is one of the most grossly overrated players to have been drafted in the last decade.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Agreed with at most a slight over pay... however, considering it's only 4 years I think that's a win. I'll disagree with the last comment however. I read through the first 4 pages and 80% were complaints

I can think it's overpayment and still be very happy he is returning. The Bruins can afford slight overpayments again. We can only hope it doesn't again become the norm is all.

Krug is a dynamic player and quite good defensively -- his size is his only obstacle from being a top pair defenseman but has done quite well for himself.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Contract is fine. For being over 5 mil I would have liked 1-2 more UFA years.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Fair deal for an upper tier offensive defensemen.

For those bemoaning about his goal totals: Last year was the first time since his rookie season in college that he didn't hit double digits. But he still found a way to contribute offense.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
What a bunch of BS Torey Should have been (and with any other team Would've been)
A 4.25 - 4.85 low shooting LH dman which the Bruins could have traded to Buffalo
(if not in the same division) for 8TH overall. Another screw over by the Bruins Management. Half a million too much.,..

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Krug getting paid well but I am okay with it. I think he has more upside and that he is driven and competitive, a good horse to bet on. A tleast there was no funny business, nice to just extend a good player for a change.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What a bunch of BS Torey Should have been (and with any other team Would've been)
A 4.25 - 4.85 low shooting LH dman which the Bruins could have traded to Buffalo
(if not in the same division) for 8TH overall. Another screw over by the Bruins Management. Half a million too much.,..

Lol, what?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Where he ranks among defenseman in the league since his first full season in the NHL in 2012. Keep in mind that 404 defensemen have suited up during this time period.

Games: 17th

Goals: 20th

Assists: 22nd

OPS: 15th

DPS: 35th

+/- : 12th

Even Strength Goals: 13th

Power Play Goals: 29th

Shots on Goals: 5th

TOI: 42nd

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009

Cost of defense is obviously way way high but fact remains this d Corp not nearly good enough. So they are either going to need to overpay in trade, overpay cash wise in Ufa market, or prices come down on trade market.

I really like dumba but I know he has defensive holes, still lots of upside there, dmen mature slowly. Do Bruins pro scouts think dumba can be useful now but also mature into a top pair dman in 2 years? If so I trade Pasternak for him. I like pasta but winger the easiest position to back fill. I also would trade pasta for trouba who I think is too pair guy eventually as well.

If pasta not enough to get trouba or Bruins not sold on dumba then you gotta revisit shattemkirk. Otherwise you gotta make a call on demers. I kind of like demers but I know others not sold. Regardless decent rd very hard to come by, you gonna pay thru the nose for demers BUT it still might be worth it cause the Bruins current NHL d Corp is not playoff caliber. Gonna be interesting couple days!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad