Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

Good. I'm fine with swapping Dunn for Krug and giving Faulk the Tyler Johnson treatment (it ain't my money).
I'd like that too TBH but think its just a dream at this point.

I am not a Dunn fan at all, guy awful on D. Would love to see him packaged and moved to create space for 27

Reactions: STL BLUES

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Let him go, or he moved on?

Figuring the word was heavily he was still strongly considering staying, and we signed someone who was most likely going to wait to see were Petro landed first, and also we pre-set this move with the moronic Faulk move a f***ing year ago?

We let him go.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
How?

Overpaying players for past performance is not a key for sustained success regardless of the circumstances or sentimental value.

Look at Chicago, LA.
Neither is swapping out top talent for worse talent.

Hell, Krug is a fine player. He's still worse than Pietrangelo.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Most reporters are saying Petro's intention was was to wait out offers and see where he wanted to land. There was no deal in place, and LeBrun speculates the Blues taking themselves out on the market most likely caught him off guard.
And you believe that? If that's the case I expect we'll see petro firing his agent tomorrow.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Torey Krug...Current and former teammates rave about him as a person. Plays much bigger than his size. Feisty, plays with and an edge when needed. Excellent offensive player that will elevate an already strong PP

Strickland

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
How?

Overpaying players for past performance is not a key for sustained success regardless of the circumstances or sentimental value.

Look at Chicago, LA.

If you are asking me if I'd rather have Pietrangelo at 9 million or Krug at 6.5 for the next 7 years each, I'm taking Petro at 9 and I'm not thinking twice. He has the type of game based around intelligence more then physical attributes, and those players age well. Look at Giordano, Letang, and Weber.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
And you believe that? If that's the case I expect we'll see petro firing his agent tomorrow.

and you think we would’ve left even if he was offered a fair contract?

This league has no loyalty to any player, so I don’t blame players for wanting to be paid.

Pay your stars like it’s not f***ing complicated.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Didn’t expect this. I didn’t want to sign Petro to crazy money but I did not want to lose him with no replacement. Krug is the only high quality dman available right now

Oh and Krug instead of Petro on the PP is a major upgrade!!

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Overpaying overrated players ain't a recipe either.

Good lord, imagine thinking Torey Krug and Justin Faulk for the next decade is a good thing

Krug isn’t overrated and Faulk was used in the lineup in a way he shouldn’t have.

If you are asking me if I'd rather have Pietrangelo at 9 million or Krug at 6.5 for the next 7 years each, I'm taking Petro at 9 and I'm not thinking twice. He has the type of game based around intelligence more then physical attributes, and those players age well. Look at Giordano, Letang, and Weber.

I’d prefer keeping Petro over signing Krug, but to act as if Krug isn’t a good player in his own right is not right.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
and you think we would’ve left even if he was offered a fair contract?

This league has no loyalty to any player, so I don’t blame players for wanting to be paid.

Pay your stars like it’s not f***ing complicated.
You don't even know what he was offered or even if he wanted to stay.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
It is when you can have more good players currently and in the future than to be unable to be paying players out of their primes who aren’t performing well for 5+ years.

I think you need to re-type your sentence because I don't know what you're saying here.

Are you saying that Pietrangelo's contract was going to block more good players from their contracts? Or are you saying that it would be harder to move Pietrangelo's contract in the future after 5 years time?

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Now that I'm calmed down a little and processed it. I don't like it. Krug is a good player but his a very steep downgrade on Pietrangelo. I much rather have Pietrangelo. Krug and Faulk for the next 7 years YUCK

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I think you need to re-type your sentence because I don't know what you're saying here.

Are you saying that Pietrangelo's contract was going to block more good players from their contracts? Or are you saying that it would be harder to move Pietrangelo's contract in the future after 5 years time?

The former.

I am saying it would become a detriment if he’s making $9 mil+ and has a large decline.

Reactions: stlwahoo

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
You know it's kinda funny - Bruins signed Backes to a contract they later regretted due to offering an extra year.....we just signed Krug due to offering an extra year. Hope it works out better!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad