Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm at work and I feel I'm outta vomit.

Last time I had this same empty, sickening feeling was when we lost Chicago in spring 13-14.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think this is a bad contract and he's a good player. The Krug thing doesn't piss me off that much

I DO hold it against Armstrong that he basically buried himself with the stupid Faulk trade and the stupider Faulk contract though.

What the Blues gave up for Faulk was fine.

I still don’t think the Faulk contract was why Petro won’t come back. They could’ve made something work if there was a compromise. Clearly there wasn’t.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
they could still sign Pietrangelo, if Steen and Tarasenko are on LTIR. Then you really only need to trade Bozak before #91 is activated; assuming Steen doesn't ever come off of LTIR.

Krug-Petro
Dunn-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Mikkola/Perunovich-Bortuzzo

That wouldn't suck.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not mad we signed Krug, he will be fine.

I still wanted to keep Petro, but I don't blame Krug. There goes the statue Petro could have had here
And that is not DA or the Blues fault if that is the case. He had plenty of time to reflect on that being a possibility and apparently turned down 64million from us.

That is on 27, he is the one who agrees or disagrees with a deal.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't like seven years for a player like Krug, but it's the market. AAV is fine. He's a very good player in the right role. We'll see if we use him correctly.

Highlights the Faulk contract...

Difficult to be happy about it when it's a massive downgrade to our defense.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
f*** Doug Armstrong. Like seriously f*** this guy. We let a guy who deserves a statue in front of the arena walk over 2 million dollars. Petty shit.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
they could still sign Pietrangelo, if Steen and Tarasenko are on LTIR. Then you really only need to trade Bozak before #91 is activated; assuming Steen doesn't ever come off of LTIR.
I'd be stunned if they still sign 27.

If that happens, Faulk or Dunn, possibly both get moved 100% before Bozak does.

Reactions: Xanadude

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

My model loves Torey Krug and his power play prowess, but probably overvalues that on a new team now that he doesn't share the ice with Boston's three superstars. Should still be able to live up his new deal.

Well Krug now don't have those 3 superstars who can help him out.

Somebody should bring stats how many Krug points came when he played with Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak and without them?

Prosaic

Sep 11, 2020

Well Krug now don't have those 3 superstars who can help him out.

Somebody should bring stats how many Krug points came when he played with Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak and without them?

Take note of his next tweet as well.

upload_2020-10-9_20-56-52.png

Here’s his career arc, he’s been relatively steady for a few seasons. Which is miles better than Faulks significant regression. But he’s 30 and plays a game that relies a lot on raw talent.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Petro already has a deal in place I'm sure.

Most reporters are saying Petro's intention was was to wait out offers and see where he wanted to land. There was no deal in place, and LeBrun speculates the Blues taking themselves out on the market most likely caught him off guard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad