Confirmed with Link: Torey Krug (7 years @ $6.5m)

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Krug is not a massive downgrade. He is a 50pt+ Dman who like 27 rarely gets hurt. And hes roughly 2million a season cheaper.

This is a fantastic signing IMO and enables us to keep the window open. Take off the homer glasses.

Thanks for the cup 27 and I wish you nothing but the best.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
So the left side of the defense is now Krug, Dunn, Scandella & Gunnarsson.
The right side is Parayko, Faulk, Bortuzzo & Perunovich?

tenor.gif

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Krug:
28 of his 49pts on PP last season
30 of his 53pts the season before

27:
15 of his 41 pts on PP last season
22 of his 52pts on PP season before

Not a huge difference. The only real concerns from Blues fans should be if this guy can truly handle being a #1 dman and since he helped take Boston on numerous deep runs, that really is not a big concern for me. Also his +- is a lil low.

Big fan of this deal, ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE.

Prosaic

Sep 11, 2020
upload_2020-10-9_20-38-29.png

Blasphemy.
We could’ve had both if DA didn’t stupidly acquire Faulk...which is one of the worst contracts in the league. I have nothing against Krug but this is ridiculously stupid.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Krug:
28 of his 49pts on PP last season
30 of his 53pts the season before

27:
15 of his 41 pts on PP last season
22 of his 52pts on PP season before

Not a huge difference. The only real concerns from Blues fans should be if this guy can truly handle being a #1 dman and since he helped take Boston on numerous deep runs, that really is not a big concern for me. Also his +- is a lil low.

Big fan of this deal, ESPECIALLY FOR THE PRICE.
You forgot one small thing here.

Dmen NEEDS TO DEFEND ALSO NOT PRODUCE POINTS.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Honestly Id rather have no one than Krug. We are still facing cap issues even without Petro. Unless Petro said 100% he needed the deal backloaded and buyout proof and ownership said thats not possible this one stings.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Losing Petro sucks, but that doesn’t mean Krug’s a bad player or that the contract’s bad

I don't think this is a bad contract and he's a good player. The Krug thing doesn't piss me off that much

I DO hold it against Armstrong that he basically buried himself with the stupid Faulk trade and the stupider Faulk contract though.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I think everyone is overreacting to this a bit. Krug is a really good hockey player. That's a fair contract for him and it helps balance our pairings. In a vacuum, this is a good deal. AP had all the time in the world to sign with us, he's had all day to make a decision b/t basically us or Vegas....we've offered the dude 64 million dollars if the reports are to be believed......say what you want, but if that's not bringing him home, then /shrug what are you gonna do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad