Rumor: TOR to sign Kenny Agostino to 2 year deal (Close to 700K AAV) - McKenzie

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Solid Marleau replacement at a fraction of the price 5 on 5 if he plays like he did with the Devils. Likely takes some PK reps.

If he doesn't play up to expectations, he's a great AHL player.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Not very much NHL experience prior to this past season. That AAV on a multi year deal is not exactly going to be problematic though. Hyman's injury should help with an opportunity, and Agostino may very well remain in the mix even after Hyman returns and settles in.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This is a B signing by Dubas which has the potential to become a A if Agostino pots 15-20 goals next season. If not he serves as a injury replacement and can go tear up the AHL. Nice move, gor him for 300k less than I'd expect based off o his stats.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
These 700k signs are great. They either make the team or get buried with no cap implications

giphy.gif

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
This is a B signing by Dubas which has the potential to become a A if Agostino pots 15-20 goals next season. If not he serves as a injury replacement and can go tear up the AHL. Nice move, gor him for 300k less than I'd expect based off o his stats.

700k for potentially 8-10 goals, solid 2 way play and 200 hits over a full season is already an A.

Not a lot of NHL mileage on him either. Should be able to offer that high energy game for two years before he prices himself out of our bottom 6 moneyball budget.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
700k for potentially 8-10 goals, solid 2 way play and 200 hits over a full season is already an A.

Not a lot of NHL mileage on him either. Should be able to offer that high energy game for two years before he prices himself out of our bottom 6 moneyball budget.
I didnt give an A just b/c his expected role is small and he wont be a huge impact player. 8-10 goals is him meeting expectations and being a decent 4th liner. If he pots 15-20 goals(think he can if he gets some top 6 time with human out and some 2nd unit pp time) than he is more valuable in his impact on the game for us and playing like a high end 3rd liner. For me exceeding your role through production while having a low ass cap hit would earn him an A-A+. Still dont see anyway this deal could suck for us barring a Babcock thrill developing for the guy.

Reactions: Havoc

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I didnt give an A just b/c his expected role is small and he wont be a huge impact player. 8-10 goals is him meeting expectations and being a decent 4th liner. If he pots 15-20 goals(think he can if he gets some top 6 time with human out and some 2nd unit pp time) than he is more valuable in his impact on the game for us and playing like a high end 3rd liner. For me exceeding your role through production while having a low ass cap hit would earn him an A-A+. Still dont see anyway this deal could suck for us barring a Babcock thrill developing for the guy.

Oh man those are some harvard level admissions haha. If he pots 15 goals he guarantees Dubas GM of the year.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Can't complain, will be interesting to see how he performs in camp. Could just be another Josh Jooris-lite situation though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad