Rumor: TOR to sign Kenny Agostino to 2 year deal (Close to 700K AAV) - McKenzie

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Leafs had 3 players last year that had more than 100 hits. Zaitsev with 139 (traded), Hyman with 102 (starting on the IR) and Dermott with 100 (starting on the IR).

Agostino had 143 hits.

Ennis was on pace for 29 points in 82 games. Agostino was on pace for 31.

Leafs had 3 LW players with 43, 41 and 37 points. Marleau’s 37 is gone. Hyman’s 41 is starting on the IR.

Marleau gone and Hyman starting on the IR. Much needed LW depth. Johnsson, Moore, Agostino and Petan starting on the left side.

It’s a fine signing

Add Jake Muzzin 172 Hits.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
His defensive metrics are good and he's put up good points totals with low minutes and poor teammate quality apparently, the article I read was pretty favorable if he gets close to league minimum dollars

Apparently, Leipsic drives play up ice really well (a bit like Moore) his offensive zone entries are really strong apparently
Kruger has fallen off over the last couple of years but defensively he's still strong
Heed's good offensively but defensively he's pretty meh

The only forwards on Jersey that d zone started less than him were Hall and Hischer, and he was at the bottom in Montreal also, this tells me his Defensive game is not so good ... I do see he played decent PP minutes for both teams but no PK minutes, It looks like he is an energy guy, skate, hit, shoot ... dunno?

You don't remember Leipsic from the Marlie, he was the most exciting player in the game to follow, very nice hands, always rushing the puck trying to do it all himself and failed often ...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The only forwards on Jersey that d zone started less than him were Hall and Hischer, and he was at the bottom in Montreal also, this tells me his Defensive game is not so good ... I do see he played decent PP minutes for both teams but no PK minutes, It looks like he is an energy guy, skate, hit, shoot ... dunno?

You don't remember Leipsic from the Marlie, he was the most exciting player in the game to follow, very nice hands, always rushing the puck trying to do it all himself and failed often ...

Just went through the article again

Agustino scores at a 3rd line rate and his defensive metrics are good if you take his teammates and QOC into account, he sounds like a decent roll of the dice on a league minimum deal
I think he's quick and hits a bit as well

Lipsic's very good transitioning the puck up ice for his teammates and carrying the puck into the offensive zone, his primary points rate was pretty strong to, thats his calling card apparently

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just went through the article again

Agustino scores at a 3rd line rate and his defensive metrics are good if you take his teammates and QOC into account, he sounds like a decent roll of the dice on a league minimum deal
I think he's quick and hits a bit as well

Lipsic's very good transitioning the puck up ice for his teammates and carrying the puck into the offensive zone, his primary points rate was pretty strong to, thats his calling card apparently
??
Leipsic?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We were discussing him because he was in the article about underappreciated dumpster diving types as well
I thought it was him. I wasn't sure who you were talking about. Signing Leipsic would make me happy. Like the player a lot.

Reactions: Menzinger

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Nice

He's a defensively responsible forward with speed getting close to league minimum that can PK on a 2 year no risk deal

There's your cheap Brown replacement ladies and gentlemen
I wish Brown wasnt making 2+millions ans we could kept him. Im like sad for him as a person.

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
Good luck to Agostino in Toronto. I'll always remember him for having that incredible season with the Wolves 3 seasons ago. I've been a fan of his ever since. Hopefully he'll have a ton of success.

Reactions: Lauro

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

A - Agostino
B - Brown

Basically same points/60 with one guy not being a blackhole 5v5 and much better defensively.

:laugh:

Loving the idea of a bottom line/spares of Agostino-Shore.

Reactions: MR4 and Cor

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

A - Agostino
B - Brown

Basically same points/60 with one guy not being a blackhole 5v5 and much better defensively.

:laugh:

Loving the idea of a bottom line/spares of Agostino-Shore.

Yeah, I loved Brownie, but Agostino can replace him, and maybe more, for 700K.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Is Agostino’s underlying numbers that much better than jooris’ last year?

Last edited:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Big fan of this one. He's one of the best NJ high school hockey players of all time and he could really disrupt other teams if Kadri sticks around and they play on the same line.

Reactions: HKbleu

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Who is this guy? Is it an AHL move?

Bottom 6 (4th line mainly) energy player with a really solid wrister and great wheels. Throws lots of hits but he isn't intimidating anyone since he's average size at best and won't drop the gloves. Essentially a Connor Brown replacement with a skill-set similar to Trevor Lewis. Can fill in on PP2 if needed at the top of the circle, but he'll never be our best option at that position. If used properly he'll give us 15-20 points and won't be a liability for 12-14 minutes per night.

About all you can ask for a league minimum type guy.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
I wouldn't put him at center. Call me crazy, but I've been pencilling him in one of the Tavares or Matthews lines, in a "show me what you can do" scenerio. At least until Hyman is back, which hopefully at that time, you've got a good understanding of what you've got.

Petan is a very skilled player, that has put up very good numbers at all levels. He hasn't played with Top 6 guys at the NHL level, so I'm interested to see what can happen.
Crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad