Confirmed with Link: TOR signs Tyler Ennis [1 x 650K]

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Signing Ennis is a low risk move for Dubas since he gave him the league minimum. If he has a great training camp and pre-season games that will be a positive and he would still be making less than Mason Raymond did once they signed after his PTO when he was given $1,000,000 where as Ennis is getting $650,000.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
The speed and skill of a potential kappy, johnnson, ennis 4th line has me more intrigued by the day. Babcock is probably thinking about a solid 2 way grinder type in that 4C slot, but Ennis might just force his hand. Our offence would be absolutely overwhelming.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i mean injuries will happen and a 13th forward like ennis is perfect, super cheap, can still skate and has more than enough offense to fill in a line...hes also only up against leivo, grunny, maybe par for that last winger spot as of now, he could make the team opening night

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The speed and skill of a potential kappy, johnnson, ennis 4th line has me more intrigued by the day. Babcock is probably thinking about a solid 2 way grinder type in that 4C slot, but Ennis might just force his hand. Our offence would be absolutely overwhelming.

Ennis is not really a center anymore, and Lindholm is still very offensively capable. He was 4th in SHL scoring last year going almost a PPG. Was also 4th in the playoffs but did not get close to a PPG.

I get they are Europeans and there may be a curve coming from over there, but guys like Lindholm and Ozhiganov are very good, experienced players coming from their Europe. They have played a ton of international games, including WC's and Olympics, and were some of the better guys over there. These guys are in their primes and given they will be taking on about as minor of a role as you can get on the Leafs (4C + 6/7D), they should be able to thrive when they play. Many of the problems with Europeans arise when you try to overplay them, but Lindholm is probably not getting more than 10 minutes a night on average, and Ozhiganov would be lucky to get 18 minutes a night. They won't be overplayed, and in the worst case scenario that we do need complete replacements, it should not be hard nor expensive to find guys who could replace them. We could probably even replace them internally without even having to give up any sort of significant assets like Lou did with his 4C's.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Teams are going to get very tired and very fast against our team. Offensive overload 2018.

Hope Babcock doesn't try to surpress us like he did last series. We are built to skate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad