Confirmed with Link: TOR signs LD Mikko Lehtonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
Assuming his game translates to the NHL, i think Mikko is a gem we got for pocket change.
He has the potential to play top 4, but i highly doubt he can surpass Morgs or Muzzin in the left side pecking order.
Still, it´s great to have a 3rd pairing D that can fill top 4 roll if need be.
Depth is always a valuable asset in a winning roster.

Reactions: Faltorvo

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He's having a monster year so far. Bodes well for him in training camp in a couple of months.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think the Leafs are hoping this guy hits and can be a steady top 4 Dman for next year.

I'm cautiously optimistic that age 26 and lots of pro games under his belt that he will be able to contribute regularly next season despite the adjustment to the smaller rink size and NA style game.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I think the Leafs are hoping this guy hits and can be a steady top 4 Dman for next year.

He’s a LD though isn’t he? So I think even if he beats out the rest of the d and is playing the bottom pair it’s good news. Ability to jump into the top 4 is a bonus but he is not playing ahead of Rielly or Muzzin on the left side.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He’s a LD though isn’t he? So I think even if he beats out the rest of the d and is playing the bottom pair it’s good news. Ability to jump into the top 4 is a bonus but he is not playing ahead of Rielly or Muzzin on the left side.

Despite being a LHD he can and has played on the right side and he himself has said he is comfortable on the right.

This is not too dissimilar from T.J. Brodie situation.

Reilly --- Brodie
Muzzin -- Lehtonen

With all players being left hand shots. Not ideal as players on their strong side are preferred and RHD are at a premium but I think we can make this work.

Reactions: glue

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lehtonen just toying with the KHL. Impressive stuff.

Hopefully will help improve our 2nd PP as well

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Now move out Travis Dermott, Nic Petan, Alexander Kerfoot, Mac Hollowell, Cody Ceci, - trade them for a bag of pucks, find some more KHL gold!

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
This guy is a cool cucumber with the puck. The KHL is just too easy for him. It will be interesting how he adjusts to NHL fore-checking. At a minimum, I think he is a #5 and maybe a borderline #4 right out of the gate.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
How big is that ice surface Lehtonen was on in that clip?Many over there are going to North American size or close.He is finding lots of room and controls the puck nice along the line is something i have noticed from his clips.
I think he transitions well to our rink size and he moves like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia