Confirmed with Link: TOR signs F Pontus Holmberg to 2 year ELC

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I don't know anything about him to be honest. But I already like him more than Mikaheyev and Simmonds

I can gurantee you if he plays 14 NHL playoff games, he'll get more than a point. Something Simmonds and Mikaheyev couldn't do.
Last 2 years playoff combined Simmonds has 2 points in 9 games and Mika has 0 points in 12 games

Welcome to the Leafs Pontus......Get ready for fans like me

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What does his current personal wealth have to do with what he signs for? Players are worth what the market will pay, why would they take a discount? No one else in our "core" did, why would he? Oh I forgot, he's rich so he should sacrifice career earnings for us. SMH

The guys that think he should take a pay cut for the Leafs are the same guys who would never take a pay cut for the betterment of their company.

Reactions: Kurtz and mclaren55

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Hey everybody, quick, look over here! Let’s all forget about the playoff failure and focus on some hack from a 3rd rate foreign league.

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
What does his current personal wealth have to do with what he signs for? Players are worth what the market will pay, why would they take a discount? No one else in our "core" did, why would he? Oh I forgot, he's rich so he should sacrifice career earnings for us. SMH
Agreed, no one here has taken a discount, minus the old vets. Would it really be worth it to him to sign for cheap, and continue to lose in the first round?

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Ignoring the mocking comments by people which is a bad look for those users, Holmberg has steadly improved each year before breaking out on the playoffs. His IQ extremely high.

You better get used to it. This place is going to be largely negative for the foreseeable future. I would say until we at the very least win a playoff round.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
someone to show them how to play in playoffs? its good grandpa Thorton still remembers it, but it ain't the same.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
Ignoring the mocking comments by people which is a bad look for those users, Holmberg has steadly improved each year before breaking out on the playoffs. His IQ extremely high.
Speak for yourself you got to be the same Koop aid drinker promoting Junior mint all he is here for is to take the pressure off your BFFs our European signings have been crap lately But I know what they say even the blind mouse fines cheese once in a while

Reactions: rumman

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
Players don't necessarily have to take market value.

The point is, at some point, people have enough to live off their earnings for the rest of their lives. If I was in his position and I could help the team, I totally would, regardless of what my teammates did or did not do. It's called setting a precedent.

Of course, you'll say "I guarantee you wouldn't have if you were in his position" which I find a terrible argument. Some people may actually have really good morals and can realize when they have enough...

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
wow, he's actually taller than 5'6".............

iu

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Is he coming to North America this year, or is he staying in Europe? I can’t recall his contract status.

he has a pretty good development curve, and considered cerebral and smart on both sides of the book. Here’s hoping it translates.

on an aside, is Hallander coming over? Also can’t recall.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Shameful post, man.
What's shameful about it?

Hyman appears ready to enter UFA looking at a 6 million. Hyman is extremely rich and this was an argument people were using saying he would give us a discount due to having come from wealth while marner(some people's defense) was that he wasn't rich growing up so his 10.9M was fair.

Holmberg being a 40 point player is shameful? That's pretty much the best case scenario with him. He can come in and play a similar role to AJ when he was here

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Not like I've seen him play, but seems like he's been going down a promised development path.

Leafs will need to finally start hitting on some of these later round draft picks

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Speak for yourself you got to be the same Koop aid drinker promoting Junior mint all he is here for is to take the pressure off your BFFs our European signings have been crap lately But I know what they say even the blind mouse fines cheese once in a while

This guy isn't a free agent. He's a recent Leafs draft pick

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Players don't necessarily have to take market value.

The point is, at some point, people have enough to live off their earnings for the rest of their lives. If I was in his position and I could help the team, I totally would, regardless of what my teammates did or did not do. It's called setting a precedent.

Of course, you'll say "I guarantee you wouldn't have if you were in his position" which I find a terrible argument. Some people may actually have really good morals and can realize when they have enough...

Somewhat presumptuous of you to know what I will say, no?

I simply feel that you draw a false moral equivalence to taking less and being a “good person”. Rather, I think he is free to do as he feels and it won’t change my perspective on him. Guy works hard and deserves whatever he chooses. He was a treat to watch in a leaf uniform either way.

Would he become a legend if he stayed here on a cheap deal? You’re damn right he would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad