Confirmed with Link: TOR sign RD Zach Bogosian [1 year, 1M]

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Dermott would get a lot more in return. Cheaper, far more upside, and is a defenseman. We could be moving Holl, but that would be weird given he has a lot of value himself.

Dubas is playing some real 4D-Chess right now...

I am wondering if Holl is gone. Depending on what Soup (1.75?) and Dermott(1.5?) get, the Leafs could be over by like a million. Swapping Holl for Bog opens up 1 million and probably gets them back under the cap.

But that must mean they think Dermott or Lehtonen can pair with Muzzin?

Unless we think they are moving Kerfoot or Anderson?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I like the idea of Bogo on the bottom pairing. Although things are not quite adding up. Wondering if a trade is coming.
Either Dermott or Holl is gone. Bogo took up a million, and now we don't have space to fit Dermott, Mikhayev and now Anderson either. Has to be more coming.
I like Dubas isn't overpaying for toughness. Don't like Simmonds deal but it's only 1 year.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Well there's your guy with presence. If his role is 7th D, I'm fine with it.
He takes up a million of the cap space we just got. There is more coming?

I feel like they still need to at least move out Engvall to be able to carry a 21st player and accumulate a bit of cap space over the season. I mean I guess Andersen could be moved theoretically? Feel like Kerfoot is safe though, don't want to lose depth up the middle.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Either Dermott or Holl is gone. Bogo took up a million, and now we don't have space to fit Dermott, Mikhayev and now Anderson either. Has to be more coming.
I like Dubas isn't overpaying for toughness. Don't like Simmonds deal but it's only 1 year.

I feel like Simmonds is just basically holding cap space for Hyman's new contract next year. He will get replaced by a minimum contract the following year, and the difference will go to Hyman.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I am wondering if Holl is gone. Depending on what Soup (1.75?) and Dermott(1.5?) get, the Leafs could be over by like a million. Swapping Holl for Bog opens up 1 million and probably gets them back under the cap.

But that must mean they think Dermott or Lehtonen can pair with Muzzin?

Unless we think they are moving Kerfoot or Anderson?

Good point, also pretty sure Dubas said he wants Dermott to lineup @ RD next season?

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Dermott
Lehtonen - Bogo

Holl out for 1 mill in cap space.

Reactions: howlman

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Uhhh, so is this the end of Dermott then? I don't see how he fits into the lineup at this point.

EDIT: Or Holl maybe.

I have a friend who knows the Dermott situation pretty well...he says that Dermy was looking for a 6 or 7yr $4M+ contract last year...I kid you not...so I think they are going to part ways with him and his agent. He had a lot of promise...but I think he is going to forever make you wonder why he takes so many chances. It's his kryptonite...he just can't not take a chance and pinch in a tight game...he just has to do it like a moth to a flame. I would be thrilled if he was gone TBH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad