Confirmed with Link: TOR sign RD Zach Bogosian [1 year, 1M]

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Earlier today I asked if Dubas would think about signing him.

I asked this on the previous thread and it did not get a response, so I will ask it one more time.

What does anyone think about Zach Bogosian for the Leafs defense? I read a rumor that he was interested in possibly interested in signing with Toronto last season before he signed with Tampa Bay or is he someone Dubas should not even consider?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What do we have now?

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Lehtonen - Bogo

Deal Dermott? I dont like the Dermott for Bogo trade off personally unless there is a trade lineup with a decent return. If Dermott is another "soft deal" like AJ this is a meh move to me IMO.

Dermott would get a lot more in return. Cheaper, far more upside, and is a defenseman. We could be moving Holl, but that would be weird given he has a lot of value himself.

Dubas is playing some real 4D-Chess right now...

Reactions: saffronleaf

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Would rather send Mikheyev packing than lose Dermott right now. Would hate to lose a promising (if inconsistent) defenseman for an older one who's time is well passed. Maybe Kerfoot is soon on the move?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Dermott would get a lot more in return. Cheaper, far more upside, and is a defenseman. We could be moving Holl, but that would be weird given he has a lot of value himself.

Dubas is playing some real 4D-Chess right now...

Would have to be a solid deal to get me excited. Think a 1st or 1st valued prospect

Reactions: RadekBong

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Fast and furious with the moves now. Guess this shouldn't be too surprising considering the interest from this past season. Still, the team now either has a solid option for the #7 slot (or a rotation), or... I'd hope against a trade though because depth comes in handy in the event injuries unfortunately strike more than expected. Decent move anyhow to add depth to a position in need of just that.

Last edited:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Interesting.

Rielly. Brodie
Muzzin. Holl
Dermott. Bogosian
Lehtonen

At least we have 6 nhl defenseman. Been a while since we could boast that. Would love to upgrade holl if possible.

Boy you must really project Lehtonen to be a massive failure if you have Bogosian over him in the lineup.

Let's hope you're very, very wrong.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I was wrong.

See I can admit it guys.

(I do think he's probably the 10th best defenseman on this team).

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Good depth and he's one tough cookie.

watch

Reactions: Ginger Papa

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Trading Andersen and bringing in a cheaper goalie clears up a lot of the cap issues. Not saying I want it to happen nor do I have any idea of who it could be, but it seems to be the easiest way to save cap space.

Unless they're moving Kerfoot and have someone like Haula lined up for under 3 million.

CertifiedGoat

Sep 24, 2020
Oh well. Another learning year for the front office.

A tough depth defenseman is not going to make this team tougher. Dubas and his front office will use another year to learn that these players need to be significant spots to really make a difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad