Confirmed with Link: TOR sign G Aaron Dell [1 year, 800K]

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Dell had a -0.1 GSAA/60 (41st), Hutchinson had a -0.66 (69th). So Dell is still a below average goalie, but it's nice that our 3rd stringer is better than our backup goalie from last year. Hell, Dell was even slightly better than Campbell

Dell has been a very good goalie at all levels (including NHL) before the Sharks turned into a trainwreck. In the right situation he’s better than the 41st goalie.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Does that mean Freddy is staying or was the veteran #3 coming no matter what?
I think we wanted a legit #3 or could be a legit #2 if need be. That said...would become a very interesting wrinkle if we went Campbell-Dell and Freddie is on the move lol doubt it...but Dubas is making moves steady

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
well if the AHL had a team lol
he is goalie insurance in case andersen or cambell get hurt ...

frankly im so impressed with dubas this offseason its unreal... hes learning from every mistake and course correcting. we wont be stuck in another hutchinson or injury problem in goal

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This is just another great ajdustment by our dubas this summer fall. Mayne this hard. Dell took over Jones last season on the sharks. At a long while, jones was not even getting games anymore. This is coming from a sharks follower for life. :clap: Be very happy. Cheap sucka while at it sire.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I think we wanted a legit #3 or could be a legit #2 if need be. That said...would become a very interesting wrinkle if we went Campbell-Dell and Freddie is on the move lol doubt it...but Dubas is making moves steady

I can't see Dubas doing that but it would be interesting to see what 4 M in cap space can get you right now on the market. That is basically the cap space created if you replace Anderson with Dell. I find it too risky, after years of having inept backup goalies. You would think the Leafs would have learned their lesson.

Reactions: Nylander88

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
QUESTION: Is this another McElhinney/Pickard scenario where if Campbell and Freddy make the opening roster Dell can be plucked off waivers and we lose our 3rd string goalie?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
QUESTION: Is this another McElhinney/Pickard scenario where if Campbell and Freddy make the opening roster Dell can be plucked off waivers and we lose our 3rd string goalie?
Yes

The negotiation on this salary was crucial as the 800k price tag and not a dollar more keeps him ECU eligible.

In a condensed season thats a huge asset.

I didn’t realize there was an AAV limit to ECU

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
The negotiation on this salary was crucial as the 800k price tag and not a dollar more keeps him ECU eligible.

In a condensed season thats a huge asset.
Sorry, but I do not know what "ECU eligible" means. Please explain.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Sorry, but I do not know what "ECU eligible" means. Please explain.

Emergency Call Up.

So if Andersen or Campbell have a minor injury, they can call up Dell on emergency basis (since they’d only have one healthy goalie, not meeting roster requirements) and he wouldn’t count against the cap.

He can stay up under emergency call up, I believe 5 games or 14 days only (I am really not sure what the exact dates are).

Leafs utilized emergency call ups last year a lot due to the cap situation. This year will be similar

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Emergency Call Up.

So if Andersen or Campbell have a minor injury, they can call up Dell on emergency basis (since they’d only have one healthy goalie, not meeting roster requirements) and he wouldn’t count against the cap.

He can stay up under emergency call up, I believe 5 games or 14 days only (I am really not sure what the exact dates are).

Leafs utilized emergency call ups last year a lot due to the cap situation. This year will be similar
Thanks muchly.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad