Confirmed with Link: TOR sign F David Kampf (2 years, 1.5M AAV)

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Bunting - Matthews - Marner
____ - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Kerfoot - Spezza
Brooks - Kampf - Mikheyev
Simmonds

Would be my early guess. Mikheyev and Kampf would make a solid pairing IMO, I put Brooks there to add some offence.

Love Bunting, didnt know much about him until a few days ago but everything I have researched, all the footage I watched, I think hes going to be special.

That third line is a disaster though....

Reactions: bansheebeat

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Let's see what David Krecji signs for. There's a defensively minded center with offensive skills.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Remember that Chicago's qualifying offer for Kampf was on a $1M aav contract, whatever that is. He wasn't worth a little over $1M to Chicago.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Habs signed Savard and Mike Hoffman for three years. Now, the Habs look more comparable to the Leafs, possibly deeper. No big splash by the Leafs means they will be fighting with the Habs for the last playoff spot and privilege of an early exit.

I liked Dubas trades and last season he had a once in a lifetime opportunity and did well. The core let him down big time as they have for five post-seasons. I'm not sure how they fill out this lineup.

It's why I've said more than once, this team needs to have a big, strong D so that you can at least hold the fort.

If they aren't trading Reilly or the core, I see few paths forward.

Last edited:

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y
Habs signed Savard and Mike Hoffman for three years. Now, the Habs look more comparable to the Leafs, possibly deeper. No big splash by the Leafs means they will be fighting with the Habs for the last playoff spot and privilege of an early exit.

I liked Dubas trades and last season he had a once in a lifetime opportunity and did well. The core let him down big time as they have for five post-seasons. I'm not sure how they fill out this lineup.

It's why I've said more than once, this team needs to be as big, strong D so that you can at least hold the fort.

You've got it sire. They are harder than us right now. We is weak on the leftside and also on D. We ain't have no killas at all on on D. Muzzin is a half killa, but he ain't no realest gangsta. he aaaight, but light weight kinda. He bangs some, but not always. Sometimes. We need a hard ass. Like somebody real sumo. Imagine Borowiechki with us........ Or byfuglien. He weights a ton. Blocking eeeeythang sire. We need that polak twerk type. For LIFE. If we ain't getting, we gotta play Gabriel in so many games with simmonds. They fight-a-lot sire. Gabriel will protect his girlfriend demaiter for a reason and for life. Together they might change some of our problems. But not all sire.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

It's why I've said more than once, this team needs to be as big, strong D so that you can at least hold the fort.

How are they even similar to leafs?

They don't have a single 1C, we have 2.

Face facts we have 3 ppg+ players and Habs have none

Reactions: The90 and Havoc

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
The signing is fine on paper I can see why it was done

However we seem to overpay everyone.

Like why do we use analytics if we're just going to pay dudes above market value?

Find the value and sign that value to value contracts. Don't take the value and then sign them to a weird market number that you think he's worth because of your analytics.

It's infuriating at this point

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think he’s trying to make the 3rd line a shutdown line like they tried with Hyman- Kerfott-Mykehev last year.

If the plan is too have a shut down line I think mikheyev is one of the wingers but who’s the other?

I think the plan is too have Kerfoot with Tavares and Nylander.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I think he’s trying to make the 3rd line a shutdown line like they tried with Hyman- Kerfott-Mykehev last year.

If the plan is too have a shut down line I think mikheyev is one of the wingers but who’s the other?

I also think this is the plan. I don't really have much opinion Kampf, I've never really watched him that I can think of, but if he's as advertised, he and mikheyev could be a real pain for other teams' offense to deal with.

Reactions: NinjaKick

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Remember that Chicago's qualifying offer for Kampf was on a $1M aav contract, whatever that is. He wasn't worth a little over $1M to Chicago.

Has more to do with arbitration than QO. He was not going to take his QO obviously, but Chicago was probably worried he would get more than they wanted to pay (could be more or less than 1.5 mill).

Same thing goes for Suter. Probably worried they'd have to pay a lot for a guy who did as well as he did in his rookie year. He still got a 3.25 mill AAV deal from Detroit despite his QO being less than 1 mill.

Reactions: Malaka

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

It will either be Kerfoot or the guy we are still going to bring in for 3LW. I think it is more likely going to be Kerfoot though.

It makes sense that Kampf is there to take draws but Kerfoot handles the other 3C duties.

Or they could be going for more of an offensive 3rd line with Kerfoot + Spezza + another guy (maybe Robertson) and then have Kampf on a defensive 3rd line with Semyonov + Mikheyev. We have a lot of different options.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Y

You've got it sire. They are harder than us right now. We is weak on the leftside and also on D. We ain't have no killas at all on on D. Muzzin is a half killa, but he ain't no realest gangsta. he aaaight, but light weight kinda. He bangs some, but not always. Sometimes. We need a hard ass. Like somebody real sumo. Imagine Borowiechki with us........ Or byfuglien. He weights a ton. Blocking eeeeythang sire. We need that polak twerk type. For LIFE. If we ain't getting, we gotta play Gabriel in so many games with simmonds. They fight-a-lot sire. Gabriel will protect his girlfriend demaiter for a reason and for life. Together they might change some of our problems. But not all sire.

Gabriel with Simmonds makes sense. Leafs need as many pitbulls and honey badgers as they can find, especially on the cheap. I am just not sure Dubas will find all that he needs, especially when he now needs a 1st line winger.

As long as the league maintains the "playoff rules", it's going to require some bangers and message senders, in one form or another. Not goons, just hard on the puck players and physical "clear the net" D-Men. I think Holl is underrated in this regard. Bogosian was the prototype for a #6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad