Trade: [TOR/SA] Leonard and Green to TOR for DeRozan, Poeltl and draft considerations

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I feel for Demar if Ujiri straight up lied to him two days ago and said he wouldn't be moved. Between firing the coach of the year and now lying to your star player before stabbing him in the back, that's just bad management. If the Raps falter or fail to make it out of the first round yet again, just blow it the **** up.

I don't know what it is about star players leaving the Raptors on bad terms, but add him to the list.

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Kawhi's not resigning with the Raptors which makes this a bad trade.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Whoa no OG or Siakam and they get Green. Not bad.

Very nice deal for the Spurs... an All-Star, a solid prospect and a 1st round pick for a punk who tried to for the hand of the franchise who made him the player he is today.

Enjoy the nice beaches in Toronto you idiot :laugh:

Reactions: DecadeofDarkness

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not a bad deal....

DeRoz could leave in 2020 and Kawhi is a much better player who is as good offensively and miles better defensively. Without Bron in the east this is their last chance - K-Low & Ibaka are free agents in 2 years and on the wrong side of 30.

Hopefully they can show Leonard how cool of a city Toronto is (attn. Drake).

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Trade makes no sense at all. Why would Toronto give up one of their best assets for a guy who made it crystal clear he has no interest in playing for them? Can't see this one play out in their favour.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Trade makes no sense at all. Why would Toronto give up one of their best assets for a guy who made it crystal clear he has no interest in playing for them? Can't see this one play out in their favour.

Going all-in for one season. Don't give up any of the young core. DeRozan was due for another contract in two years and I'm starting to believe Masai would have let him walk. Apparently Masai has been trying to trade DeMar for two years.

My only (big) concern is that Kawhi will continue this circus and drag his feet all season.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Very nice deal for the Spurs... an All-Star, a solid prospect and a 1st round pick for a punk who tried to for the hand of the franchise who made him the player he is today.

Enjoy the nice beaches in Toronto you idiot :laugh:

That 1st will be two 2nds. And the Spurs can have fun being good in the regular season then being swept in the playoffs.

Reactions: NyQuil

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Two expiring contracts for Demar, Poetl and those picks....Seems like a steal for Dallas. Raptors are probably worse in 2018/19 and worse going forward
Raptors will have lots of cap space in 2019/20 though
But trading your star player and kinda gutting your franchise, leaves a real sour taste in any FA that wants to sign with Raptors. The fans could certainly turn on this team management if this team does poorly.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Then it’s a full rebuild with Lowry and Ibaka coming off the books in 2020. Who cares? Raps had to go for it this year and this makes them better.
Oh, I definitely agree that this makes sense for the Raps.

Worst case scenario they don't make the finals with Kawhi, in which case.... why not blow it up?

That being said, I don't see them getting past the Celtics.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Going all-in for one season. Don't give up any of the young core. DeRozan was due for another contract in two years and I'm starting to believe Masai would have let him walk. Apparently Masai has been trying to trade DeMar for two years.

My only (big) concern is that Kawhi will continue this circus and drag his feet all season.
I guess that makes sense, but unless Toronto signed lebron, there's no way in hell they're going to come out of the east, let alone having any shot against any of the west coast teams, so I guess I don't really understand why they thought this was a good move. Leonard's gonna be gone next season anyways, and then they'll have no Leonard, No DeRozan, and then what?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Oh, I definitely agree that this makes sense for the Raps.

Worst case scenario they don't make the finals with Kawhi, in which case.... why not blow it up?

That being said, I don't see them getting past the Celtics.

It’ll be a great series. They are a matchup nightmare for the Celtics right now. Let’s see if it works.

Reactions: LaVar

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Then it’s a full rebuild with Lowry and Ibaka coming off the books in 2020. Who cares? Raps had to go for it this year and this makes them better.

Spurs got a great deal too. Both teams should be happy.

problem is which Kawhi are you getting. Odds are he misses significant time to start the year, then what rust are you looking at with barely playing over 6-12 months.

Even a healthy Kawhi doesnt make them better than the Celtics, they cant match the depth.

Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Brown

and a bench of Rozier, Smart, Morris, Baynes and Williams

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
I am a purely casual fan but I feel like this is doing Demar dirty.
People will say it's just business, etc.... but apparently the Raps met with DeMar a couple of days ago and told him they wouldn't trade him.

So yes, this is doing him very, very dirty.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Might as well change the thread title, deal is done.

I am a purely casual fan but I feel like this is doing Demar dirty.

Oh it absolutely is.....if Demar is to be believed, Ujiri basically stabbed him in the back by saying he wouldn't trade him, and then immediately traded him like a day later. :help:

Gotta have the biggest chip on his shoulder right now. Kawhi will likely show up when the Raps play the Spurs, but think of the game Demar's now going to have against Toronto after what they just did to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad