Trade: [TOR/SA] Leonard and Green to TOR for DeRozan, Poeltl and draft considerations

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I feel bad for Demar, but this trade makes sense on a lot of levels for the Raps.

The Derozan-Lowry core was never going to win anything of consequence. Yea, we would have probably got back to the playoffs, won a round or two and bowed out and that's cool I guess but we had no chance of winning a title, and likely not even the East.

Masai is taking a big swing for the fences, if Kawhi comes in and plays to his ability, the Raps have a real shot at winning the East and making the finals. Maybe that can convince Kawhi to stay and then you have a franchise player who when at his best is a top 5 player in the game.

If it doesn't work, you blow it up just like you were going to do anyway after Derozan/Lowry lead Raps bowed out in round 2 for the next 2 seasons.
Nailed it, minus winning the title.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
If he wasn’t so soft mentally and could perform when the stakes are high, this trade wouldn’t have happened.

You’ll never win anything if Demar is your best player.

Raptors were going to need to rebuild in 3 years anyway. This deal just gives them a chance to be great for one year rather than good for 3 more.

Hopefully Kawhi enjoys his time and falls in love like countless ball players, both base and basket. Toronto is one of the top cities on the planet.
I was harsh but definitely correct. Chance to be great for one year, and it happened!!

Now just for the last part.. if he fell in love with the city and decides to stay.. ???

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You do know you can multi quote to stunt on all those people you are so much better then instead of individually bump it one by one....I will give you a hint though. I do not care that I was wrong lol.
Like bball like hockey for you I guess. You are consistent thats for sure

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Reading through the first few pages, lots of posters eating crow for doubting this was a good trade.
Props for Masii make a bold trade and also firing Casey and hiring Nurse
I don’t think Casey would have made the defensive adjustment Nurse did in the playoffs

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Reading through the first few pages, lots of posters eating crow for doubting this was a good trade.
Props for Masii make a bold trade and also firing Casey and hiring Nurse
I don’t think Casey would have made the defensive adjustment Nurse did in the playoffs
My biggest concern wasn’t the player for player aspect but more the injuries. I’m happy to be wrong though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->