Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Ondrej Kase signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $1.25M)

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
The last major concussion for Kase was on such an insignificant play that I didn't even realize when it happened, only that he had already missed like 50 games and then would never be seen again.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I'm not sure if Kase can ever play again, but if he does, this is a decent bet. Kase was one of the more efficient scorers in the NHL, coupled with elite shot impacts.

I hope he's able to continue his career.

Reactions: banks and Makaveli

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
They spent a total of $3.75 M today on one injured and one bad winger, I feel like it would've been better to just go for a more sure thing with one $3.75M winger and rely on Nick Robertson or someone cheap for the other spot if need be.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I really like Kase. If healthy, he’s a really good player. Hate that he’s on the leafs because I’m rooting for him to stay on the ice.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Is Kase really as soft as people say he is?
He's not soft, he's broken.

Bruins fans saw this before with Savard. Cook basically ended him, but the actual hit that retired him was a nothing hit against the boards by Hunwick.

That's basically what happened to Kase last season. Twice.

Reactions: Trojans86 and banks

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Low IQ rather than soft. He skates around looking at his feet taking massive hit after massive hit, it's only a matter of time when he receives the next one. A true shame and he should have retired.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
Low IQ rather than soft. He skates around looking at his feet taking massive hit after massive hit, it's only a matter of time when he receives the next one. A true shame and he should have retired.

I remember Mikhail Grabovski, thinking there will be brain pain in his future unless he learns to keep his head up. He never learned.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
Man these are some desperate measures it seems dubas wants to save his job here ? Feels like it. That habs series is definitely a turning a point for this organization and its headed to the dumpster fire me thinks

He signed cheap players who could possibly exceed their contracts, both were smart moves.

Habs lost last year too, in fact only Tampa won anything.

Don't let that stop you from complaining/whining, though, it's amusing and not at all old.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
He signed cheap players who could possibly exceed their contracts, both were smart moves.

Habs lost last year too, in fact only Tampa won anything.

Don't let that stop you from complaining/whining, though, it's amusing and not at all old.
In not complaining or whining I just love how the shananplan is going as a bruins fan. Keep up the good work.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
When he plays he’s a favorite

was great in Anaheim until the injuries. We made a good move trading him with the uncertainty.

but I’d bet the majority of us Ducks fans would
Love to see him stay healthy. He is a great add to team if he can play

Reactions: Rec T

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I mean depends what you mean by soft.

He is not afraid of the dirty areas and puck battles or any of the things that get people labeled soft. He is not soft on the ice.

He has been blown up many times because of that and now the wind might give him another concussion.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

He doesn’t necessarily play soft but he’s probably taken 3 hits as a Bruin and has been sidelined for months after each one.

He can’t take a clean check without his symptoms flaring up, let alone another headshot. Plenty of skill but it’s a serious concern especially at his age. Glad to see him get another shot but I worry about what happens to him if he takes another mean hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad