Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Ondrej Kase signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $1.25M)

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
But between Nylander, Matthews and Marner, who is going to get the puck from the other team? Can't see any of those three battling other forwards for it. They want it gift-boxed!

Maybe Nylander on second line left wing with Tavares if they can find another Hyman-type for RW. But if you asked Nylander about that, he's probably say he only wants to play LW if it's with Matthews and Marner. That way he can pile up points till free agency and then ask for 12 million. It's all about the money! Winning only matters if it increases your money without adding too much work.

I'd love to know that as well...

...wait a minute. 2020-21 NHL Takeaway Leaders | StatMuse

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Kase is made of glass. I think he had 3 concussions in his short Bruins career. He honestly needs to retire before his brain is scrambled for good.

Reactions: Jmo89

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Hopefully, he can get his career on track. In Calgary, Mikael Backlund was a band-aid as a prospect but has turned into a solid NHLer, so it's possible.

Even Patrice Bergeron had problems with concussions early on and has carved out a Hall of Fame career.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Hopefully, he can get his career on track. In Calgary, Mikael Backlund was a band-aid as a prospect but has turned into a solid NHLer, so it's possible.

Even Patrice Bergeron had problems with concussions early on and has carved out a Hall of Fame career.
This is an absolutely awful take. Bergeron had one significant concussion because he was boarded from behind by Randy Jones. Kase's multiple concussions came from normal hockey plays.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Man these are some desperate measures it seems dubas wants to save his job here ? Feels like it. That habs series is definitely a turning a point for this organization and its headed to the dumpster fire me thinks

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Everyone talking about his glass head, how many concussions has he had?

If anything, hopefully we’ve got top notch doctors who can help him perform
He’s at the point where any contact at all, even relatively minor bumps On the boards, he will leave the ice and go to quiet room. Most often he doesn’t return to the game after getting body checked. If he gets hit hard, he is out for months.

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
I mean there is zero risk here. It's a 1 year deal, low money - if hes hurt hes on IR and if hes healthy hes probably out performing that contract.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
As much as Ritchie is a good signing, Kase is a nothing signing. He won't stay healthy. No risk for the Leafs really. He played 20 games as a Bruin and scored ZERO goals. Pretty awesome for a player who was brought in for offense, right? He skates with his head down and gets hurt on nothing hits. He looks pretty while skating and tries hard, and that's about it. There was a reason the lowly Ducks had him on the 4th line and in the press box before the Bruins tried him at 3RW and 2RW. He's extremely damaged goods who is a hit away from lala land, yet again. Wish he retired while he can still tell what day of the week it is.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
He passes the eye test, until he shoots...

Plays like his hair is on fire, decent speed, willing grit/grinder, and gets open.

Then he shoots, ten feet wide of the net and skates with his head down and places himself is really bad spots.

I wish him good health and luck. Maybe it all comes together for him again. Just not against the Bruins I hope...:sarcasm:

Reactions: missingchicklet

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
This is an absolutely awful take. Bergeron had one significant concussion because he was boarded from behind by Randy Jones. Kase's multiple concussions came from normal hockey plays.
I’ve never seen a professional hockey player skate with his head down in danger zones more than this guy. It’s like he wants to be on the IR.

He did make it through June bug season without any further concussions so maybe he can stay healthy. Unless he changes his skating drastically though I can’t see him finishing a full season

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He looked really good for the Bruins when he played....sad part is he could never stay healthy.
I like the risk in taking him, but I have no expectations for him. My guess is he'll suffer another conky at some point and retire or head back to the Czech. I hope that's not the case, but we'll see.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Dude is straight up made of glass. If he stays healthy Toronto will probably be happy, but don't expect that. Expect him to be out for the majority of the year.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
His last game he barely got hit and saw Tweety bird . He barely could make to bench . He has like 5 major concussions at age 25. That brain is chief boyardee spaghetti he should seriously hang it up this isnt a joke. So surprised hes trying again. The guy made of straw.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Honestly he sounds like he should just hang up the skates. No amount of money is worth risking your long term health like this.
I don’t think it’s all about the money. This is what most hockey players have dreamed about their whole lives.
While I agree most things aren’t worth your long term health, I can also understand that someone in the mid 20s isn’t ready to give up on their dreams yet.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad