Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Ondrej Kase signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $1.25M)

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I guess the Hab defense is going to take bets on who is going to take him out with a good....fart. :sarcasm:

Or let CC practice his evil side....:laugh:

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Or maybe Perry wanted to sign with the Lightning.

Wasn't there a report last season that Perry wanted to sign with the Leafs, but they went with Simmonds instead? If that was really the case then it sucks because I'd much rather have Perry than Simmond at this point in both player's careers.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
its an alright signing.....but doesnt solve our 2LW problem

I don't mind the idea of 9-10 Guys fighting over the Bottom 6 Spots, but we need to fix the hole first before we add luxuries

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How do you pay a player even 100k... when he played like 3 games last season. And very little the seasons prior to that?

Its always the same kind of injury too
Boston paid him 2.5 million. The Leafs are taking a risk on him playing many more than 3 games at half the cost

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Boston paid him 2.5 million. The Leafs are taking a risk on him playing many more than 3 games at half the cost

It was via trade. Bruins "chance" taking was warranted due to Backes bad contract

Leafs should have used this money for Ritchie instead. Slow, but at least durable

Reactions: Maple Leaf

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I think we'll finally be seeing a stacked top line this season. Nylander has stated dating back to Sweden that he prefers left wing.
Trying things thats obvious is not Leaf style. Same thing that dont seem to work for eternity, thats more like it. That said i hope they try Nylander on the left side.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Great signing. Literally no risk because term is so little. I hope Kase gets to play a full season for once, problem is he plays like a martyr and gets himself into these awkward situations.

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
There is still room for Ritchie.
You know Ritchie wanted the same as Debrusk which is around 3.7. Thats why Sweeney walked away from cause he was scared he'd get it in arbitration. He's good infront of the net on pp but other than that he was almost useless 5 on 5. Too slow, it was even worse in the playoffs, looks like a guy that just doesn't care or just lost. Too bad because he does have skill.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You know Ritchie wanted the same as Debrusk which is around 3.7. Thats why Sweeney walked away from cause he was scared he'd get it in arbitration. He's good infront of the net on pp but other than that he was almost useless 5 on 5. Too slow, it was even worse in the playoffs, looks like a guy that just doesn't care or just lost. Too bad because he does have skill.
I didn't know the ask. I am sure it is less now.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I think we'll finally be seeing a stacked top line this season. Nylander has stated dating back to Sweden that he prefers left wing.

But between Nylander, Matthews and Marner, who is going to get the puck from the other team? Can't see any of those three battling other forwards for it. They want it gift-boxed!

Maybe Nylander on second line left wing with Tavares if they can find another Hyman-type for RW. But if you asked Nylander about that, he's probably say he only wants to play LW if it's with Matthews and Marner. That way he can pile up points till free agency and then ask for 12 million. It's all about the money! Winning only matters if it increases your money without adding too much work.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 1