Proposal: TOR/MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Weird in other threads that talked about the Leafs defense I heard how amazing Andy was and how he was the only reason the Leafs were ranked like the 12th best in GA and made the playoffs.

Now in a thread about Andy I'm seeing people post that the Leafs defense isn't bad and Andy wasn't responsible at all for the Leafs good play.

Strange how that happens.
It was Andersen and the offence that carried the leafs into the playoffs. Price did it by himself because his teams never scored a lot of goals.

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
6.5M is still too much for Carey Price. He's not the same player that won the Hart, Lester etc. I have problems paying 5M to Freddie, there is no way the Leafs can put in 6.5M for a goalie. They are going to walk away from Freddie in three years and look toward another cheap goalie who can be signed for 3-5M again when he's due a raise.

Goalies have the worst trade value. They are worth almost nothing because they are so unpredictable. Carey has too many years on his body. He's not young anymore, his best days are well behind him.

Trading a guy like Nylander for him would be worse than the Hall for Larsson trade.

i dont disagree with you not trading nylander. saying price is finished is you just taking shots at the habs fans. im willing to bet price has had enough of this shitshow and has lost his will to compete at this point. all speculative but someone as good as him doesnt just turn to shit overnight with an injury.

sometimes when youre good and youre surrounded by medicrotity, you mail it in. pretty sure this is what happened with price and patches this year.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
thinking of a blockbuster trade between Tor and Mont is rediculous.....neither would ever do it.....they would BOTH be to afraid to get burned

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
thinking of a blockbuster trade between Tor and Mont is rediculous.....neither would ever do it.....they would BOTH be to afraid to get burned
lets be honest here, nither of these teams would ever want to have to answer to their fanbase as to why they shipped out the biggest star player to each other. i have to side with you here habsgirl.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
i dont disagree with you not trading nylander. saying price is finished is you just taking shots at the habs fans. im willing to bet price has had enough of this ****show and has lost his will to compete at this point. all speculative but someone as good as him doesnt just turn to **** overnight with an injury.

sometimes when youre good and youre surrounded by medicrotity, you mail it in. pretty sure this is what happened with price and patches this year.

Nobody is saying Price is finished. People are saying that there's zero guarantee he regains his previous form and if he doesn't, his trade value is negative.

Note the parts of your post that I bolded - this confirms that deep down, you understand perfectly well that there's no guarantee. Arguing that Price has huge trade value is simply denying what is obvious and what you know to be true.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
lets be honest here, nither of these teams would ever want to have to answer to their fanbase as to why they shipped out the biggest star player to each other. i have to side with you here habsgirl.

Nylander isn't our biggest star, not even close. Other than that I agree, TOR and MTL can make trades no problem but trading star players is probably more of a risk than either side is willing to take.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Surely stats start to matter at some point though right?

He's 30, coming off surgery and a season where he played very sparingly and with a .900

He did not have any surgery and he finished the season healthy. He missed a total of 2 months in the season.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Weird in other threads that talked about the Leafs defense I heard how amazing Andy was and how he was the only reason the Leafs were ranked like the 12th best in GA and made the playoffs.

Now in a thread about Andy I'm seeing people post that the Leafs defense isn't bad and Andy wasn't responsible at all for the Leafs good play.

Strange how that happens.

Who in this thread is saying the Leafs defense isn't bad?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Are you honestly trying to suggest that players in the league know more about goaltending than Morgs? Morgs knows more than even the analysts and the people that are paid to cover the game cause those idiots still think that Goals Against Average matters when it comes to goalies so I assure you that Morgs, with all of his cutting edge data and world class analysis skills certainly knows more than than dopey farm boys and Europeans interlopers that come over to North America to play the game.

What's the point of even posting their opinions when Morgs has already weighed in and told us all that Carey Price can't hold a candle to Freddie Andersen?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Lol Leaf fans. Andersen does not come close to Price’s level - regardless of stats. And at 6m, Price is an absolute steal. Any and every team in the league would want Price at 6m.

You can not deny that Andersen was better last year . As for your quote lots of team would pass on 8 year of Price at 6 million as there are risk . Don't get me wrong I like old when it comes to cheese or whiskey but when it comes to hockey players they just don't age well for the most part . Price is only 30 but his injury the last few years has him looking like he 40 . His contract is just too long

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
Nylander isn't our biggest star, not even close. Other than that I agree, TOR and MTL can make trades no problem but trading star players is probably more of a risk than either side is willing to take.

nylander is a bag of pucks, i was talking about price lol

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I doubt it. A few years back I remember hearing how Price is worse than either Reimer or Bernier (or actually both in some arguments). Laughable then, laughable now.

Price is the better goalie but I don't think the gap between them is that big. The gap was much bigger between Reimer/Bernier and Price, it's stupid to suggest otherwise.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Are you honestly trying to suggest that players in the league know more about goaltending than Morgs? Morgs knows more than even the analysts and the people that are paid to cover the game cause those idiots still think that Goals Against Average matters when it comes to goalies so I assure you that Morgs, with all of his cutting edge data and world class analysis skills certainly knows more than than dopey farm boys and Europeans interlopers that come over to North America to play the game.

What's the point of even posting their opinions when Morgs has already weighed in and told us all that Carey Price can't hold a candle to Freddie Andersen?

Did you look thru all the poles ? They got Shea Weber just behind Karlsson and Doughty . While Weber is still good he has taken a step backwards

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
So reading Leafs fans, that's settle. Price 4M retained for Andersen is an easy hard pass.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooo f***ing ded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad