W. Nylander
Frederick Andersen
TOR 2019 1st

To TML:
Carey Price (4 mil Retained)
Jonathan Drouin

Habs get their centre
Leafs upgrade their goaltending.
Money retained, because otherwise noway Toronto can fit Carey Price's contract.
May have to exchange Drouin for Domi if assets are not equal.

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I honestly hope people are kidding when they're saying that Andersen if better than Price.

Andersen was better last year, Price was better at their peak. I'm sure Price will bounce back, but in a world of "what have you done for me lately" I can see how opinions would be swayed.

I still wouldn't do the deal on either end. MTL would burn to the ground losing Price and I don't think the Leafs become a better team.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
This is an interesting one. I'm of the opinion that Price could/would return to all-star form given a competent team in front of him. Having Price would do wonders for our defense because he is so good with the puck. Nylander to Drouin downgrade is a big risk for the Leafs as well as adding our 1st.

This is a move that would either look genius or madness a few years down the line. Interesting proposal to say the least. I would decline as a Leafs fan just because I think it is safer to run the course.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Nylander is as much of a center as Drouin is and Montreal isn't retaining on Price's contract to get a goalie that's a 2 years younger and has never so much as brushed Price's ceiling, a late 1st and a better "center".

How about Connor Brown for 2 second round picks?

Montreal's bad, but they have many wingers that range from significantly better to comparable to Brown. There is legitimately no interest there.

Last edited:

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
As a Leaf fan Im embarrassed that any Leaf fan would think that Price is a weaker goalie than Andersen. With the money retained this is a brutal deal for the Habs. Price returns to Allstar form with a solid team in front of him in Toronto and probably wins a couple cups. Drouin probably explodes here too playing on Matthews, Tavares or Kadri's wing

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
A goalie has to be available to be a difference maker which Price hasn’t been due to his injuries. Andersen carried the load for the leafs so I can’t see them wanting to risk their season on Prices health.

Nylander and a 1st is way to big of an add on here even if Drouin is involved.

Also I can’t see any team in the NHL retaining 4 million for that long it’s just not feasible.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal's bad, but they have 8-9 wingers that range from significantly better to comparable to Brown. There is legitimately no interest there.

I believe Brown could comfortably be a top 2 line forward for Montreal. Pacioretty for now, Domi, Drouin, Gallagherr and Brown right after.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
This is actually pretty even if you take out the Leafs 1st.

Price>Freddie
Nylander>Drouin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad