Proposal: TOR/MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I honestly hope people are kidding when they're saying that Andersen is better than Price.
What have you done for me lately ? Over the last couple of years what has Price done to make you consider him better ? Overall body of work Price has done more but that isn't Andersen fault as he hasn't been around long enough . I like Price but I have a feeling his better days are behind him . Now can Andersen play to the level he did last year ? Only time will tell . Talbot was great one year and fell of the cliff the next

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Y’all remember when we were a **** team and how all our players were ****?

Kessel was ****
Bozak was ****
JVR was ****
Phaneuf was ****

Nobody wanted to hear about how the Leafs had good players who happened to be on a **** team.

Shoe’s on the other foot now.

It's been a beautiful rebuild indeed.

However, you're still a 'knocked out in 1rst round' team for all we know.
Don't start sniffing your own fart yet.

On another note, congrats to people who said that they'd take Andersen before Price at 6.5. You've all managed to categorize yourself in the homers' cuckoo's nest

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Absolutely! It's too bad threads like this get derailed by nostalgia though. It's a somewhat interesting proposal to discuss and what MTL was as a team 25-40 years ago is irrelevant to the discussion.
It is a part of who they are today. But you are right it is a bit off topic. Of course any team would want a healthy Price. That is in question though. If I were sure of a healthy Price I would make the deal.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Lol Leaf fans. Andersen does not come close to Price’s level - regardless of stats. And at 6m, Price is an absolute steal. Any and every team in the league would want Price at 6m.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't think there is any team in the league that would ever trade for Carey Price let alone give up someone like William f***ing Nylander in return. He has the worst contract in this league. It has not even begun yet.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Lol Leaf fans. Andersen does not come close to Price’s level - regardless of stats. And at 6m, Price is an absolute steal. Any and every team in the league would want Price at 6m.

Surely stats start to matter at some point though right?

He's 30, coming off surgery and a season where he played very sparingly and with a .900

I still think right now if I had to rank them, he's in my top 10 but he isn't top 5 anymore and he's close to starting to free fall down that list.
49, 60+ and 12 are his last 3 years worth of games played that's scary on a long term deal, AAV not even taken into account.

If I get the chance to move Freddy for Carey I would do it in a second if the AAV was the same and th3 contract length was the same.
But they aren't, and one has shown to have some injury issues and is signed for a loooooong time

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
To MTL:
W. Nylander
Frederick Andersen
TOR 2019 1st

To TML:
Carey Price (4 mil Retained)
Jonathan Drouin

Habs get their centre
Leafs upgrade their goaltending.
Money retained, because otherwise noway Toronto can fit Carey Price's contract.
May have to exchange Drouin for Domi if assets are not equal.

That is atrocious for Montreal.

Reactions: Ice Beach

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Surely stats start to matter at some point though right?

He's 30, coming off surgery and a season where he played very sparingly and with a .900

I still think right now if I had to rank them, he's in my top 10 but he isn't top 5 anymore and he's close to starting to free fall down that list.
49, 60+ and 12 are his last 3 years worth of games played that's scary on a long term deal, AAV not even taken into account.

If I get the chance to move Freddy for Carey I would do it in a second if the AAV was the same and th3 contract length was the same.
But they aren't, and one has shown to have some injury issues and is signed for a loooooong time

I wouldn't even rank him at all - just put an asterix next to his name and wait for more information.

That is atrocious for Montreal.

Retaining all that money isn't pretty, no doubt about it. The only problem is that keeping Price for his entire term might be even more atrocious. I really hope he regains his form, without that happening MTL is screwed for years to come. Not good for MTL fans, not good for the game of hockey and not good for Leaf fans who are dying to kick the crap out of MTL in the playoffs.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So regardless of facts that show you are wrong....you are right?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Previous two seasons, all situations stats for goalies that have played more than 2000 minutes:

GSAA:
Andersen: 37.89 (3rd/55)
Price: -8.57 (37th/55)

dSV%:
Andersen: 0.89 (14th/55)
Price: -0.26 (36th/55)

---

Last 3 seasons, over 2000 minutes:

GSAA:
Andersen: 42.77 (4th/62)
Price: -1.88 (40th/62)

dSv%:
Andersen: 0.8 (9th/62)
Price: -0.05 (38th/62)

---

I'd legitimately take Andersen over Price at 50% retained. Price is ridiculously overrated and has been for years, and Andersen is ridiculously underrated.

But sure, let's pretend like stats mean nothing. Go eye test!

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Previous two seasons, all situations stats for goalies that have played more than 2000 minutes:

GSAA:
Andersen: 37.89 (3rd/55)
Price: -8.57 (37th/55)

dSV%:
Andersen: 0.89 (14th/55)
Price: -0.26 (36th/55)

---

Last 3 seasons, over 2000 minutes:

GSAA:
Andersen: 42.77 (4th/62)
Price: -1.88 (40th/62)

dSv%:
Andersen: 0.8 (9th/62)
Price: -0.05 (38th/62)

---

I'd legitimately take Andersen over Price at 50% retained. Price is ridiculously overrated and has been for years, and Andersen is ridiculously underrated.

But sure, let's pretend like stats mean nothing. Go eye test!

Ridiculously overrated lol. So I guess those who actually cover and analyze the game for a living know nothing because there had been a general consensus for a while now that’s he’s the best goalie in the world. But no it’s cool, you know something they don’t.

Reactions: Ice Beach

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Ridiculously overrated lol. So I guess those who actually cover and analyze the game for a living know nothing because there had been a general consensus for a while now that’s he’s the best goalie in the world. But no it’s cool, you know something they don’t.

Seeing how they still use GAA as a be all end all stat, yeah i do know more than them.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Andersen has never carried a team to the playoffs. Price has several times.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC

2016 called, they want their goalie opinions back.

Price at his peak absolutely is the best. But that hasn't been the case for 2 years. Plus he has health issues and a gigantic contract. Andersen is plenty good enough for the Leafs moving forward.

And we're keeping Nylander.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
People who analyze the game for a living thought it would be smart to give him a contract like that

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Andersen has never carried a team to the playoffs. Price has several times.
Weird in other threads that talked about the Leafs defense I heard how amazing Andy was and how he was the only reason the Leafs were ranked like the 12th best in GA and made the playoffs.

Now in a thread about Andy I'm seeing people post that the Leafs defense isn't bad and Andy wasn't responsible at all for the Leafs good play.

Strange how that happens.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Weird in other threads that talked about the Leafs defense I heard how amazing Andy was and how he was the only reason the Leafs were ranked like the 12th best in GA and made the playoffs.

Now in a thread about Andy I'm seeing people post that the Leafs defense isn't bad and Andy wasn't responsible at all for the Leafs good play.

Strange how that happens.

I've never heard anyone say, 'Andersen carried the Leafs to the playoffs'.

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013
I don't think there is any team in the league that would ever trade for Carey Price let alone give up someone like William ****ing Nylander in return. He has the worst contract in this league. It has not even begun yet.
'
with 40% retained i dont think theres a team in the league that wouldnt take him you nimbus...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
'
with 40% retained i dont think theres a team in the league that wouldnt take him you nimbus...

6.5M is still too much for Carey Price. He's not the same player that won the Hart, Lester etc. I have problems paying 5M to Freddie, there is no way the Leafs can put in 6.5M for a goalie. They are going to walk away from Freddie in three years and look toward another cheap goalie who can be signed for 3-5M again when he's due a raise.

Goalies have the worst trade value. They are worth almost nothing because they are so unpredictable. Carey has too many years on his body. He's not young anymore, his best days are well behind him.

Trading a guy like Nylander for him would be worse than the Hall for Larsson trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad