Proposal: TOR/MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
You can not deny that Andersen was better last year . As for your quote lots of team would pass on 8 year of Price at 6 million as there are risk . Don't get me wrong I like old when it comes to cheese or whiskey but when it comes to hockey players they just don't age well for the most part . Price is only 30 but his injury the last few years has him looking like he 40 . His contract is just too long
goalies are a different breed. Brodeur was still putting up great numbers at 38-40.. and Price CAN be that upper tier goalie.

Sure Andersen was better last year, but so were a lot of other goalies. One season does not determine the value of a player, thats silly.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Why is this post still up. Both sides say no. Arguing over whether Andersen is better than Price is pretty ridiculous at this point. That being said locking up a goalie for 8 years who has had significant injuries at 6.5 is risky for the Leafs.

If this trade happens and Price returns to form it's an absolute steal for the Leafs. If Price stays the same as he has been or regresses the Leafs lose and lose hard.

Not sure at all why the Leafs would do this considering Andersen has been just fine back there for the last 2 years. I can understand why Montreal does it but only if they are going full rebuild and if that's the case they are probably more interested in picks and prospects.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why is this post still up. Both sides say no. Arguing over whether Andersen is better than Price is pretty ridiculous at this point. That being said locking up a goalie for 8 years who has had significant injuries at 6.5 is risky for the Leafs.

He's been out for extended periods, but his injuries have not been significant.

The reason why I asked what surgery a poster was referring to was because his lengthy stay on the IR had nothing to do with an injury requiring surgery, which made that a very strange comment indeed.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I'm offended because I like one of those teams... HF is HFing on this proposal so I'll just speak my side.

The 1st? Don't really care it'll most likely be a late first.

I want to see Nylander's peak before trading him to maximize his value. It's pretty clear by the numbers and underlying numbers and slight age difference that Nyalnder has an edge over Drouin at this moment in time, Drouin is already signed so he has that going for him.

Price vs Freddy? Price has a better body of work but Freddy is a lot younger, I don't like being lock in to any goaltender that long. Freddy is in his prime, I have concerns of Price's future as there is a good chance he's the next Luongo.

Don't like the 'upgrade' of getting Price enough.

Habs fan upset with this post, I'm just telling our side. That doesn't mean I expect you to love this deal.

You could argue that Nylander is at peak value. The Leafs are clearly not converting him to a C, ever. But he can be a 1C.

So the longer he stays a winger the lower his value goes, even if he does remain a stellar winger.

I would do this trade even if the Habs are only retaining $2M which I think is a better amount.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
goalies are a different breed. Brodeur was still putting up great numbers at 38-40.. and Price CAN be that upper tier goalie.

Sure Andersen was better last year, but so were a lot of other goalies. One season does not determine the value of a player, thats silly.

Someone should tell Chevaldayoff. And Hellebuyck.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He’s a big upgrade on the 3 defenceman you named. Much more reliable then Gardiner even if he has less offensive upside. I’m not even going to get into Weber as it gets shut down by Leafs fans instantly because of the contract, age, and now injuries. He would be a perfect fit as far as type of defenseman.

pery isnt a big upgrade on gardiner. game 7 aside he had a very good year, 52pts back it up.
Petry was borderline bottom pairing in edmonton, which is why the habs got him for a 2nd+5th
this isnt the guy the leafs are gonna open the vault for

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Leafs aren't letting the habs get out of that horrible Price contract that easy.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'd love to have Price but his contract is simply a non-starter. Andersen may never win a Vezina but he's still a top ten goalie IMO and good enough to win a cup. Price makes $10.5 Million/season. Andersen is $5 million a season. I cannot justify a bit of an upgrade for double the cap hit.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Price 4M retained = we're paying 9M a season for Andersen, lmao. Andersen would most likely retire after playing 1 year behind our d-core.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I'd love to have Price but his contract is simply a non-starter. Andersen may never win a Vezina but he's still a top ten goalie IMO and good enough to win a cup. Price makes $10.5 Million/season. Andersen is $5 million a season. I cannot justify a bit of an upgrade for double the cap hit.
The proposal would have us getting Price at a $6.5-million cap hit, which is very manageable.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
I honestly hope people are kidding when they're saying that Andersen is better than Price.
Andersen s% 918
Price s% 900

Andersen W's 38
Price W's 16

Andersen gaa 2.81
Price gaa 3.11

Andersen cap hit 5 million
Price cap hit 10.5 million

Sure, keep telling yourself that right now Carey Price is still a better goalie than Freddy. I'm sure it makes even less sense in french.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig