PTO: [TOR] Michal Neuvirth PTO with the Leafs (released)

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
He's pretty good when he is healthy. Unfortunately he gets injured roughly once every three starts. Any team that has him as the #2 better have a reliable #3.
Lmao let’s be real the Flyers Magic is back in action. Andersen is gonna get hurt and Neuvy will backstop them to the 2020 cup. You’re welcome leafs fans!

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Smart move for the Leafs, IMO.

If he's healthy, he'll probably be an upgrade at the #2 spot, and he isn't taking up cap flexibility to get Marner or anyone else signed. They can sign him to some odd amount right before the season starts to take full advantage of LTIR and SOIR relief.

And if he can't stay healthy in camp/preseason, they can cut him and either go with Hutchinson at #2 or claim Sparks or Pickard on waivers. :laugh::laugh:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
If you sign him to league minimum and don't need the space then sure, he's pretty damn capable for the 10% of games he's fit for. He's injury prone though of course, and seemingly getting worse. He'll play twice and then miss six. Play once and miss a month. It's frequent and it's annoying.

He'll do as a #3 though. Just rotate him if needed.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just too brittle i guess. Hutchinson as a permanent Leafs backup though . Thats a perfect recipe to overplay Andersen again .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hutch was good last night. Idk we'll see. Worst case backups come cheap, a deal will be made.

Pre-Season is still pre-season . Really can't take anything away from that outside of that the teams with most NHL veteran usually lose because they don't give a f*** . Last night the Habs dressed more NHL players and got beat by an AHL team. Exactly how i expected and how most of pre-season went this far.

Don't think Hutchinson is a good backup option.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Pre-Season is still pre-season . Really can't take anything away from that outside of that the teams with most NHL veteran usually lose because they don't give a **** . Last night the Habs dressed more NHL players and got beat by an AHL team. Exactly how i expected and how most of pre-season went this far.

Don't think Hutchinson is a good backup option.
The same was said of McElhinney when he signed here and proved to be a really good backup for a couple of years here, one that we wished we could have had back last year. This is one of those things that you can safely not fix until it proves to be broken, then fix at a reasonable cost if that does happen imo. There always backup goalies available, especially in the second half of the year when the competitive landscape takes shape

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The same was said of McElhinney when he signed here and proved to be a really good backup for a couple of years here, one that we wished we could have had back last year. This is one of those things that you can safely not fix until it proves to be broken, then fix at a reasonable cost if that does happen imo. There always backup goalies available, especially in the second half of the year when the competitive landscape takes shape

Was it ? I remember McElhinney pretty solid as a backup in Columbus for a few years. Hutchinson had a couple of bad years with the Jets and was abysmal with the Panthers . I have zero faith in Hutchinson not to suck.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Who's left to hit the waiver wire?

Pickard?
Comrie?
DeSmith or Jarry?

Or maybe they toss Tampa a pick or two to get Domingue with some retention?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Was it ? I remember McElhinney pretty solid as a backup in Columbus for a few years. Hutchinson had a couple of bad years with the Jets and was abysmal with the Panthers . I have zero faith in Hutchinson not to suck.
no, he was definitely bashed as a bad decision when we got him. Had solid numbers the year before in 7 games, then pretty bad numbers in 78 games over 3 seasons prior to that, and was 33 at the time so was thought to be getting too old. Hutchinson has surprisingly similar career numbers to McBackup at the time we got him (favouring Hutch) with a lot more consistency year to year - only one number starting with an ".8" on Hutchison's season save percentage scorecard (and that was in 4 games) where there were 4 of those on McBackup's, plus Hutch is 29 vs. 33

Hutch has been good in a small sample for us, and if he's not this is an inexpensive hole to fill, so I don't see the harm in letting it play out on a fairly short leash
Who's left to hit the waiver wire?

Pickard?
Comrie?
DeSmith or Jarry?

Or maybe they toss Tampa a pick or two to get Domingue with some retention?
I'd be on the side of starting with Hutch then making a trade if he doesn't work out

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wanted him to make it but Babcock DID NOT sound happy with him yesterday when he annouced that Neuvirth wasn't starting before he was supposed to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad