Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Martin Marincin (2 years, $1.25M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Awesome.

He's going to have a great year IMO. As long as he is not paired with Polak that is.

He played some monster minutes from Feb 20 on-wards and looked like a legit top 4 dman. Obviously you want to see more of that, but he should do well with Babcock.

Mad Brills*

So, rght now, it's either him or carrick who will be exposed for vegas, simply due to this:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

Zaitsev's exempt and gardiner/rielly will obviously be protected.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Very happy with the contract.

Hated him for the first 40 games, loved him for the next 40 games. Looked great beside Rielly.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
This guy was really, really good in the second half of the season. Not so much in the first half. Curious to see which Marincin we see but if it's the second half one he's a terrific player.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Very happy with the contract.

Hated him for the first 40 games, loved him for the next 40 games. Looked great beside Rielly.

I fully agree, so I don't know why people are reticent to give him a try with 44, to start the season.

Aside from a backup, are we just about done?

Mad Brills*

I fully agree, so I don't know why people are reticent to give him a try with 44, to start the season.

cowen situation TBD. If the leafs lose that one, they have to demote/trade at least one roster player making a bit of change.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Yeah, only a backup is needed.

I see another quantity for quality trade happening again (ala Grabner) due to all of the NHL ready/NHL players we have that will be vying for a spot this season, but nothing too serious.

Seriously though, we have about 20 forwards and 8 defenseman that could potentially make the roster.

Mad Brills*

Yeah, only a backup is needed.

I see another quantity for quality trade happening again (ala Grabner) due to all of the NHL ready/NHL players we have that will be vying for a spot this season, but nothing too serious.

Seriously though, we have about 20 forwards and 8 defenseman that could potentially make the roster.

leafs don't have that many bust prospects developed yet?

Wouldn't 100% shock me if one of sparks/bibeau are moved in a trade, but yes.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Good, I hope Marincin keeps up the play from last season. I always liked him and I can´t understand why oilers dumped him...

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
cowen situation TBD. If the leafs lose that one, they have to demote/trade at least one roster player making a bit of change.

Everywhere he goes he causes problems.
Can't believe he is the linchpin for our cap :(

What will they do next Friday? (past 4 movements, have been on the last 4 Fridays)

Mad Brills*

Everywhere he goes he causes problems.
Can't believe he is the linchpin for our cap :(

What will they do next Friday? (past 4 movements, have been on the last 4 Fridays)

the leafs cap is fine if he's bought out. If not, then they're scrambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad