Post-Game Talk: TOR loses 8th in last 11 | TOR 2 OTT 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lol no. Shanahan will talk to him and he will tell the truth. Something like, I said I needed more heavy players and some more skill and he got me Petan. He paid AM the moon and overpaid Nylander as well and I am about to lose Jake Gardiner, have Muzzin for a year and then a bunch of other good players need paid.

Dubas is toast before Babs. For sure.
God, i hope your right.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Lol no. Shanahan will talk to him and he will tell the truth. Something like, I said I needed more heavy players and some more skill and he got me Petan. He paid AM the moon and overpaid Nylander as well and I am about to lose Jake Gardiner, have Muzzin for a year and then a bunch of other good players need paid.

Dubas is toast before Babs. For sure.

No way Dubas is fired before Babs, when has that ever happened before?

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No it absolutely isn’t. What is this nonsense. We’ve had critical injuries to our defense and our goaltending has suffered as a result. That’s why we’ve been losing, the games aren’t getting harder we just had our weakest area take too many hits on both the AHL and NHL team.

Sub in Rosen for Marincin or Holl and this team has a better record.
Yes it is the worst timimg for injuries. As March is the toughest part of the regular season schedule. Bruins were without 5 of their top 7 D for s stretch. Bergecin and Pasternac missed 30 games combined. Pens have been missing Malkin, Letang, Murray, Shultz just to name a few.

Interesting numbers in the Star yesterday.

Leafs with Matthews played at 101 pt pace.

Without Nylander played at a 120 pt pace.

Without Gardner they played an 87 pt pace.

And Gardner gets booed at the home.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Yep. Bruins were without 5 of their top 7 D for s stretch. Bergecin and Pasternac missed 30 games combined. Pens have been missing Malkin, Letang, Murray, Shultz just to name a few.

We lost 4 defense man at the worst time as our planned AHL callups were also injured. It’s also a hell of a lot easier to fit in losing 1-2 forwards out of 12 as opposed to losing 2 of 6 defensemen.

Reactions: Lauro

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Yep. Bruins were without 5 of their top 7 D for s stretch. Bergecin and Pasternac missed 30 games combined. Pens have been missing Malkin, Letang, Murray, Shultz just to name a few.

The booing was embarrassing.

Not because you shouldnt boo players or whatever but because of just how good Gardiner has been to this team. It really revealed the dark side of being the biggest hockey market and the click bait medias obsession with spinning bad narratives (not to mention the sheep that follow them)

Hes the biggest wildcard in all this.

Didnt see one story yet about Dermott being a -3 in the loss yet either. Not because I think he deserves the criticism but it's just telling of the favoritism that goes towards and against certain players.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We lost 4 defense man at the worst time as our planned AHL callups were also injured. It’s also a hell of a lot easier to fit in losing 1-2 forwards out of 12 as opposed to losing 2 of 6 defensemen.
For the leafs it sure has been.

I actually liked the way played without Nylander than they way they play with him.

What would have been even better is the leafs without Nylander and with the Dman they could have got for him.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm angry, very, very angry today! I'm starting to hate this team, including some of the players, all of the coaches, and, even the management.

This is not like me. I have been a loyal Leaf fan since the early 1960s. I have suffered through the lean years since 1967 and have never felt the kind of hate I'm experiencing now. Even Ballard couldn't bring me to this much hate!

I cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey. I don't choose a player and only cheer for that player no matter which team he plays for. I'm also not a band wagon fan either. No matter how good, or, how bad the team is doing, I always own up to be a cheering fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I live in Ottawa. No matter how many Leaf fans there appears to be here, there are quite a few Sens and Habs fans too! I have had to put up with the putdowns and insults from these other fan bases for a very long time. Sure, some of it is all in fun, but, not all of the jeering is in jest either.

All I ask is for our/my Leafs is to be very competitive when playing either Montreal or Ottawa. Beating them keeps these fan bases somewhat quiet. Even my extended family, that are Habs or Sens fans, remain quiet when their teams lose to the Leafs. I don't go out of my way to gloat or make fun them when the Leafs are successful against their teams. They take great delight to gloat and make fun of me when the shoe is on the other foot. I'd almost be open to our Leafs only beating the Habs and Sens, and lose to every other NHL team.

Last nights game was totally unacceptable and has triggered this rage in me that has never happened before. Top 10 in the NHL or not, our Leafs have too many 'entitled' players now. Even the coaching staff seem to be to entitled and arrogant as well.

Sure, some will say calm down. Just wait till they put it all together and win the Stanley Cup. Well, the way they're playing since January 1st, there's little to no hope of a series win, never mind a Stanley Cup championship.

Did I mention how pissed off I am at our Leafs today?

Last edited:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I'm angry, very, very angry today! I'm starting to hate this team, including some of the players, all of the coaches, and, even the management.

This is not like me. I have been a loyal Leaf fan since the early 1960s. I have suffered through the lean years since 1967 and have never felt the kind of hate I'm experiencing now. Even Ballard couldn't bring me to this much hate!

I cheer for the crest on the front of the jersey. I don't choose a player and only cheer for that player no matter which team he plays for. I'm also not a band wagon fan either. No matter how good, or, how bad the team is doing, I always own up to be a cheering fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I live in Ottawa. No matter how many Leaf fans there appears to be here, there are quite a few Sens and Habs fans too! I have had to put up with the putdowns and insults from these other fan bases for a very long time. Sure, some of it is all in fun, but, not all of the jeering is in jest either.

All I ask is for our/my Leafs is to be very competitive when playing either Montreal or Ottawa. Beating them keeps these fan bases somewhat quiet. Even my extended family, that are Habs or Sens fans, remain quiet when their teams lose to the Leafs. I don't go out of my way to gloat or make fun them when the Leafs are successful against their teams. They take great delight to gloat and make fun of me when the shoe is on the other foot. I'd almost be open to our Leafs only beating the Habs and Sens, and lose to every other NHL team.

Last nights game was totally unacceptable and has triggered this rage in me that has never happened before. Top 10 in the NHL or not, our Leafs have too many 'entitled' players now. Even the coaching staff seem to be to entitled and arrogant as well.

Sure, some will say calm down. Just wait till they put it all together and win the Stanley Cup. Well, the way they're playing since early January 1st, there's little to no hope of a series win, never mind a Stanley Cup championship.

While I totally get your frustration and I share some of it. I mean this in the least snarky was possible, take a break from HFBoards today and the internet.

It’s not worth being upset over a game the next day, don’t let this place fuel it.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Yes, people see what they want to see. The difference between Nylander and Marner is that Marner is putting up points which gives him a hall pass. One goal per month does not go over well for a player who held out. Winning helps but we are not so Nylander becomes the lightning rod.

Points in the last 11 games:
Marner: 9
Nylander: 10

Goals in the last 11 games
Nylander: 1
Marner: 1

Like I said people will see what they want, they'll even disregard the numbers if that helps fit the narrative.

Reactions: supermann_98

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Sure, some will say calm down. Just wait till they put it all together and win the Stanley Cup. Well, the way they're playing since January 1st, there's little to no hope of a series win, never mind a Stanley Cup championship.

Ha! Very well written

Two things. The leafs coaches/players/ managers and president do walk around and carry themselves as if they have already accomplished the goal.
Yet they still have not won a play off round since 04. To put that in context. Ed Belfour was the leaf goalie, and he won them the series.

Reactions: Al14

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Like I said people will see what they want, they'll even disregard the numbers if that helps fit the narrative.
Nylander scoring at a pace that would get 10 goals over an 82 game schedule.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

How dare you use numbers that don't fit the Nylander is a soft **** narrative were trying to push here?

We don't like him because were still butt hurt over his contract negotiations and that means he sucks and has to go, even though Matthews looks miles better with Nylander stapled to him

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Nylander scoring at a pace that would get 10 goals over an 82 game schedule.

So's Marner, shall we get rid of his entitled ass as well while were getting rid of Nylander? Since he's on a 10 goal pace over 82 games just like Nylander is over the same timeframe?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
So's Marner, shall we get rid of his entitled ass as well while were getting rid of Nylander? Since he's on a 10 goal pace over 82 games just like Nylander is over the same timeframe?
If you watched them both play and you seem them as equals .......... kind of ends the discussion for me. Cheers all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad