Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Tyler Ennis (1 year, $650K)

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Is this the Jack Johnson thread?

Looks like Jack Johnson's arrival is going to be the same as Ian Cole's departure where a handful of Pens fans band together and turn something minor into an ordeal that lasts for months.

Going to be a long summer.

I wish I were as passionate about anything as you are about a 3.25M dman whose contract literally won't matter at all because it's 3.25M.

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
LOL. No he's not. Jesus. He only cost 650K. If he works out, GREAT. If not, he's a Marlie. There's literally zero risk.

I don't see him making the team out of training camp. I believe he is with the Marlies till the new year. This is a precursor for the leafs, so later on they can hopefully stumble upon some cheap reclamation projects. Depending upon drafting they will need it. This just sets a culture in the NHL that the Leafs will give a place to recover and regain your career if you put in the work.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I don't see him making the team out of training camp. I believe he is with the Marlies till the new year. This is a precursor for the leafs, so later on they can hopefully stumble upon some cheap reclamation projects. Depending upon drafting they will need it. This just sets a culture in the NHL that the Leafs will give a place to recover and regain your career if you put in the work.

And it makes the kids have to work extra hard to try and EARN their spots with the team.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
They dominated all the games but game 4. You are confusing dominating with blowout.

No, I watched them all and I remember. The first two games and the game they were eliminated they were dominated but to a lesser extent. The other 3 games they played very good.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
This is the part the Leaf haters can't handle. Think about it: Best free agent movement since probably Chara, finally a hometown player proving there really are players out there looking to live out the childhood fantasy to play for the Leafs *and* he took a discount to do it. That combined package is a Leaf hater's nightmare.
What all the Leaf haters want is a few more discounts like that on matthews and marner.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
After the first two games the series was much closer then you make it seem. It went 7 games for a reason.

Funny thing is I forgot it even went 7. I knew they were not dominated though and we could've won it for sure.

Reactions: bionic

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Too early to say that. There's a few spots up for grabs, if he plays well in training camp and deserves to make the team I don't see why he wouldn't be on the team.

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
You mean something like Zaitsev, Nikita and his 4.5 mil....OK
Hey... I mean you can bring up the 1 bad contract the leafs have given since Shanahan came to the leafs, but there have been so many good contracts like Kadri for 4.5 mil, Rielly for 5 mil, or Freddy for 5 mil. But yeah, bring up that Zaitsev contract, it really defines what has been accomplished since the new management group took over.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
Every game in the Washington series last year was decided by one goal (except for one maybe?), a few in OT too. Either you guys have short memories or you're not giving your team enough credit for how well they played.
the score was not indicative of what happened on the ice. but they played well enough against a team that was clearly superior.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Boston and Washington the year before were the superior teams. I think making it go 7 and 6 games the year prior makes it look closer than it actually was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad