Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Tyler Ennis (1 year, $650K)

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
No. Plenty of Leaf fans have said Matthews sucked pucks in the playoffs. And Anderesen was terrible in the series as well. He had some magnificent saves but that does not change the fact he gave up bad goals. He was horrific in game 7.

He was really bad in game 7 but without him we would never have got to game 6 let alone 7. Boston absolutely dominated the series and the better team won.

Matthews didn’t suck but we really needed more from him - he wasn’t good

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
He was really bad in game 7 but without him we would never have got to game 6 let alone 7. Boston absolutely dominated the series and the better team won.

Matthews was concussed multiple times and separated his shoulder last year. Quite frankly he shouldn’t have even played in the series.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Boston did not absolutely dominate the series, they dominated the first 2 games.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Disagree with this. He got every opportunity to be a top line C/RW for Buffalo. One could argue that he didn't have enough around him to be successful, but the opportunity was his for the taking.

It's a good low risk signing for Toronto, though I suspect his bakery-level amount of turnovers will get him into Babcock's doghouse sooner rather than later.
I was referring to his playing for a rebuilding team for his entire career until last season, and his severe concussion which has turned him into a shell of what he was.

Mar 26, 2010
Must be Marlies bound. There is really no roster spot on the big club for him. This signing not making much sense.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Leafs did get a discount for Tavares. I am certain there are many many teams that would have ponied up more than 11 x 7. JT chose Toronto for more reasons that money alone.

This is the part the Leaf haters can't handle. Think about it: Best free agent movement since probably Chara, finally a hometown player proving there really are players out there looking to live out the childhood fantasy to play for the Leafs *and* he took a discount to do it. That combined package is a Leaf hater's nightmare.

MikeSteaks

Sep 30, 2017
This is the part the Leaf haters can't handle. Think about it: Best free agent movement since probably Chara, finally a hometown player proving there really are players out there looking to live out the childhood fantasy to play for the Leafs *and* he took a discount to do it. That combined package is a Leaf hater's nightmare.
Literally happened last summer with Shattenkirk.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I'm talking about the Leafs and how our fans are mocked because we (rightfully imo) think there may just be a few stars out there that would love to play here because they grew up as fans of the team. It's an on-going debate.

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Boston did not absolutely dominate the series, they dominated the first 2 games.

I would disagree whole hartedly. I found it so hard to watch. It seems like the leafs only tried to flip the puck out of their zone and wait for another onslaught.

I am a diehard Leafs fan FYI and felt they were completely outclassed.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I would disagree whole hartedly. I found it so hard to watch. It seems like the leafs only tried to flip the puck out of their zone and wait for another onslaught.

I think the Leafs were worried they’d get penalties if they got too close to a Bruin player.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
He was talking about the longstanding meme of top players not picking the Leafs- even if they’re from Toronto- and the mocking Leafs fans got from the haters.

He’s not saying that a free agent has never signed with the team he grew up cheering for.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011

for the most part unfortunately true and same with the washington series last year

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Haha he sucks too but at least I acknowledge that and don’t try to say otherwise.

Well, the difference of Course that Ennis is a relatively speaking, a meaningless depth signing on a 1 year league minimum..../

While Johnson had perhaps the worst contract signed this free agency period :)

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

I think you may be remembering incorrectly, they were not dominated after the first two games and really started to take it to them with their speed after that, and Boston's physical play died down by a longshot. Overall they lost to the better team for sure don't get me wrong, but your entire description here were how the first two games went only.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
for the most part unfortunately true and same with the washington series last year

Every game in the Washington series last year was decided by one goal (except for one maybe?), a few in OT too. Either you guys have short memories or you're not giving your team enough credit for how well they played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad