Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Tyler Ennis (1 year, $650K)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Good luck to him. if you have the money and aren't doing anything else with it, what's the harm?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Good luck to him. if you have the money and aren't doing anything else with it, what's the harm?

Yea I can’t believe these threads get so long . I’m not a leaf fan but dudes 28 , had good years before injury , it’s 650 k that can get buried off the cap if he stinks

I’m sure he’s gonna make the team cause at the very least a cheap vet 13 th F is good to have

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
LOL @ defending .896 and saying it is good.
The real question is, DID YOU watch the series?

Literally after period one and the entire panel agreed Freddy Andersen was keeping the leafs in it and was even the reason they were in a game 7.

But you see the score result expect perfection and the real dud was Matthews but no one wants to blame him.

You obviously don’t know much about goaltending if you expect him to stop all those deflections the leafs give up more shots then anyone and the bruins were like a train, I’m not saying he played great I’m saying he didn’t exactly play as bad as your all saying. He made amazing saves every game and stppped what he could.

Where’s all the blame on Matthews? No one would ever blame him though...

Ps a save percentage has to do with defense too.

If a player shoots the puck a goalie make a save, then gets a rebound a goalie makes another save then the next rebound comes out to a guy at the other side and he scores.

That’s 2 saves on three shots.

The puck should of been cleared and it’s the defensemens fault it went in. A goalie should only have to make the first save, at max two.

Last edited:

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Literally after period one and the entire panel agreed Freddy Andersen was keeping the leafs in it and was even the reason they were in a game 7.

But you see the score result expect perfection and the real dud was Matthews but no one wants to blame him.

You obviously don’t know much about goaltending if you expect him to stop all those deflections the leafs give up more shots then anyone and the bruins were like a train, I’m not saying he played great I’m saying he didn’t exactly play as bad as your all saying. He made amazing saves every game and stppped what he could.

If a player shoots the puck a goalie make an save, then gets a rebound a goalie makes another save then the next rebound com s out to a guy at the other side and he scores.

Theouck should of been cleared and it’s the defensemen fault it went in a goalie should only have to make the first save, at max two.

No. Plenty of Leaf fans have said Matthews sucked pucks in the playoffs. And Anderesen was terrible in the series as well. He had some magnificent saves but that does not change the fact he gave up bad goals. He was horrific in game 7.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Great signing here. TML can use his leadership and for just $650k. He also brings a winning element with him.
Please expand on the winning element you mentioned. Is it his 1 playoff game over the last 7 years? He’s a nobody, he’s there because he’s cheap. Why do we need to try to act like this is anything more than that?

The Leafs could literally sign John Scott and people would praise the signing.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

If a player shoots the puck a goalie make a save, then gets a rebound a goalie makes another save then the next rebound comes out to a guy at the other side and he scores.

The puck should of been cleared and it’s the defensemens fault it went in. A goalie should only have to make the first save, at max two.

Boston and Toronto were 6th and 7th in high danger shots against in the playoffs with 9.7 and 9.9 per 60 minutes respectively. Your point against deflections and rebounds is factually incorrect, as both of those would be high-danger shots. Medium and low-danger shots were the difference at even strength, Rask made the long-distance saves he should have made and Freddie didn't. Other than that, the PK was a disaster with a clearly overplayed Hainsey going up against a red hot Marchand/Bergeron/Pasternak combo.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

I think your first step is admitting that a save percentage of .896 isn't keeping anyone in anything most of the time.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Great signing here. TML can use his leadership and for just $650k. He also brings a winning element with him.

I'm honestly wondering, is this sarcasm?

I like the guy, I think he's gotten a pretty raw deal in the NHL so far, and I hope the best for him but that is not who he has been to this point.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
It was only a few years go that Sabers fans had me convinced that he was on the cusp of becoming a viable #2 center. 650K? Wow. Is that league minimum at this point?

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
He was a dynamo for a couple years with Buffalo and then seemed to run out of gas. He had injuries galore, his defence sucked, and he became a perimeter player with a weak shot. Sabres fans were glad to see him go even as they regretted what he had become.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The only debate is why can't Leivo get in the lineup, or another kid? Why do these useless players keep getting contracts then end up sitting in the press box?

It wasn't a concussion it was a neck injury. ;)

I'd rather sit Ennis in the press box over Leivo. Leivo deserves a shot somewhere else. If someone is going to sit in the press box, Ennis a 300k cheaper healthy scratch too.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Ha ha..Leaf fans call him the second coming of Connor McDavid lol

call me crazy, but this seems like a falsehood.

so when you see the next Leaf fan making a stupid post, you have no one but yourself to blame.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Please expand on the winning element you mentioned. Is it his 1 playoff game over the last 7 years? He’s a nobody, he’s there because he’s cheap. Why do we need to try to act like this is anything more than that?

The Leafs could literally sign John Scott and people would praise the signing.
Leafs could sign Tavares to a discount and people would still be here bashing it.

Reactions: iSophagus

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
I'm honestly wondering, is this sarcasm?

I like the guy, I think he's gotten a pretty raw deal in the NHL so far, and I hope the best for him but that is not who he has been to this point.

Disagree with this. He got every opportunity to be a top line C/RW for Buffalo. One could argue that he didn't have enough around him to be successful, but the opportunity was his for the taking.

It's a good low risk signing for Toronto, though I suspect his bakery-level amount of turnovers will get him into Babcock's doghouse sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad