Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Peter Holland (1 year, $1.3M)

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
who cares if he gets claimed , it could a good opportunity for him with a new team .

cant believe leafs gave up a 2nd round for from him though

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Should have been converted to a winger a long time ago, he's too slow and too poor a puck distributor to play center. Nonis in his infinite wisdom decided to dump both Colborne and Grabovski on a team with poor center depth, then made a desperation move. Then he never addressed the problem, so our center depth got even worse when Bolland left and they were forced to play Holland as a regular at that spot.

the decision to buyout grabovski is looking very wise. his last 4 seasons have yielded 16,35,19 and 25 pts. pretty steep for the 5.5 million we woulda had to pay him.

I didnt like the colborne deal when it was made, it was clearly a mistake altough Calgary is gonna regret letting the 6'5 winger with 44pts in 73 games walk for nothing

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
27 points, 9 goals in 65 games. Thats a pretty good stat line for being waived.....huh. Leafs couldve easily got a pick for him. Decent bottom 6er. Pens should be all over this if cullen leaves. Holland is a decent player.

10 goals 30 points per 82 games is NHL production. Dont get why hes being waived

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
27 points, 9 goals in 65 games. Thats a pretty good stat line for being waived.....huh. Leafs couldve easily got a pick for him. Decent bottom 6er. Pens should be all over this if cullen leaves. Holland is a decent player.

10 goals 30 points per 82 games is NHL production. Dont get why hes being waived

we have a pile of young wingers like nylander,marner,rychel,brown, soshnikov,hyman etc and about 2 or 3 spots.

his production is a bit skewed with the pp time as well. 16 pts at even strength. if he goes to another team in a bottom 6 role he will likely be a 20-25pt player

Last edited:

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
im surprised he's on waivers. He wasn't a bad player at all for the leafs. I would have thought he held some value

willyjones

May 30, 2013
For anybody wanting their team to claim him, just a couple things I would say about him. He is 100 percent not a 4th line player right off the bat so if u think u can slide him into a 4th line role he does not and can not play that type of style. He is a center not a winger. He can play wing, but he does not play the wing well, he is a 3rd line center. If you want him on your team he would be a good pick up only as a 3c. I think Holland could get to 35pts as a steady 3c with same line mates. I am not trying to sell the kid short, but I have like many leafs fan have watched Holland play in every game since coming to Toronto, and he's is definitely not a winger or a 4th line guy he does not have that intensity to pursuit the puck on the boards or hard forchecks like natural wingers. To be successful he needs to be a 3c , so he kind of limits his versatility as a player and gets frustrating to watch because he does have some skill if only he had more determination and used his size better, he would be a much better player

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
im surprised he's on waivers. He wasn't a bad player at all for the leafs. I would have thought he held some value

Arbitration coming up on Monday. Might be a negotiation tactic. Not too many teams will bite on him because if they do he's clearly worth more $$$ than if they don't. And if he clears waivers he's clearly worth less and the arbitrator will award less.

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
I really like Holland; I'd be surprised if he wasn't claimed. He's not a superstar, but he's a quality bottom 6 NHLer.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
Babcock, Lou and Shanny didn't all of a sudden get stupid over one player

this is a 30th place team, Holland is a 25 point player who is from Toronto.

If they put him on waivers there is definitely a plan for why they would do that.

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
huh. Leafs couldve easily got a pick for him.

I like how in your world Leafs management waives him without checking with other teams to see if there's a deal that could be had. Players get waived when they have no takers, no professional GM is going to risk losing an asset for nothing if they could have made a trade.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
This has everything to do with arbitration. They feel player is asking way too much and this is a way to bring down his value. If Holland gets claimed oh well he was asking too much anyways.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Not at close to 2.1m per year, maybe if it were the total for a 2 year deal.

Holland's always come across as thinking he's better than he is in interviews so not surprising...

Explains why we waived him. If he clears, he's not getting much more than 900k. 900k Holland is an asset we can move. 2.1 million Holland is not.

Explains why nobody traded for him and nobody is going to claim him. However, after he doesn't get paid, that may change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad