Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Nick Ritchie (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That’s fine. I’m not expecting too much.

I know it’s inevitable, but I think people are thinking us Bruins fans are just somehow piling on to spite Leafs fans. And I can assure you that’s not the case. I’ve been a Bruins fan for 25 years and there have been few if any players that have spun me into a rage like Ritchie. I’d be saying the same to any fanbase.

Kase on the other hand is a very capable player if he can stay healthy, which he hasn’t been able to thus far in his career.

I wish we offered that same deal to Kase…more spots on the Leafs tho.

Reactions: inactive user

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good signing. Was hoping Rangers would land him but after Reaves I knew that wasn't going to happen.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Don't see it IMO

Sabres and Red Wins are easily bad.

Senators are still rebuilding

Montreal was a borderline playoff team last year and is worse this year IMO

Heck even TB has to figure out their salary cap still

We should easily be top 3 in the division

...and Toronto got better??...methinks revisiting this in a few months may be in order...:laugh:

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
This is 17 pages of Leafs fans trying to be happy with the signing and everyone else trying to tell them Ritchie sucks

tenor.gif

He is just so, slow.

Bruins fans as much as any franchise yearn for a power forward to establish themself. Ritchie got PP time, top 6 time, and tons of opportunity. He just couldn't make it work. He was a total non factor vs. the Isles and could not keep up.

GL to him except vs the Bruins.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
...and Toronto got better??...methinks revisiting this in a few months may be in order...:laugh:

What changed? They lost Hyman - does that take them from top 5 team in the regular season to out of the playoffs?

Even if you think they got worse - you'd be delusional to think a team with Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Rielly is a non-playoff roster

Reactions: leuf

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think Ritchie is a good fit there. I liked brother in Calgary. Just shouldn't be playing top 6. He has enough skill to play 3rd line and brings some size. Liked this one and Kase for the Leafs. Awfully risky goaltending tandem though.

The Leafs really shouldn't have signed Tavares. Makes it almost inevitable that there will be roster holes elsewhere.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Not a bad signing I guess. Ritchie always struck me as one of those players who thinks he's better than he is, so doesn't work as hard as he should.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Are the “leafs won’t make the playoffs” posts serious or trolling. I think the leafs suck as much as anyone but they should easily make the playoffs
The Atlantic will be like the pacific where only 3 teams get in and being in a race with Boston Florida and Tampa for the top 3 spots will not be easy as you say it is

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I think Ritchie is a good fit there. I liked brother in Calgary. Just shouldn't be playing top 6. He has enough skill to play 3rd line and brings some size. Liked this one and Kase for the Leafs. Awfully risky goaltending tandem though.

The Leafs really shouldn't have signed Tavares. Makes it almost inevitable that there will be roster holes elsewhere.

Tavares hasn't cost the leafs anyone of importance. Marleau and Zaitsev contracts did...and Marner should be paid about 1.5 million less. If we kept our 13th pick (lost in Marleau trade), and C.Brown (lost in Zaitsev trade)... we would be in a fine position right now. The other problem is Dubas also tried to build an 80s Oilers team and neutered the leafs of any toughness they had.

Reactions: Metal God

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Tavares hasn't cost the leafs anyone of importance.

I'm a Leaf fan and all but.......RUBBISH. He sure did. So did Marleau and Zaitsev. And Marner and Matthews.

I'm not saying I don't want Tavares on the team, but it's ridiculous to say his 11M hasn't cost us anyone of importance. We could have signed some very important players for that money.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
...The other problem is Dubas also tried to build an 80s Oilers team and neutered the leafs of any toughness they had.

But Dubas conveniently forgot about Dave Semenko, Kevin McClelland and Marty McSorley in his plan. Plus some other tough players below those three and lots more depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad