Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Why in the world would you deplete that remarkable D core? They are such a strong team the only thing you should mess with is the offense if he signs

Why in the world would we trade Kucherov - a better and younger player than Tavares - to make room for Tavares, especially when we already have two legitimate 1Cs in Point and Stamkos and a very good 2C in Johnson whom we’ve had to move to the wing?

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Gonna be interesting if the leafs clear all that cap space and he goes left field and signs on Dallas or NYI

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Well your post stated two franchise centers plus a 3rd 1C. Kind of confusing, didn't know the leafs had so many elite 1C's.
Assuming he's referring to Kadri as the 3rd, I doubt anyone but YOU claimed him to be elite. That said, he is 17th in the entire league for goals the past two years and quite high up in points.

woohoodude11

Jun 25, 2015
Schaumburg, IL
Same, but man the longer he drags this out the more hatred he's going to get from Isles fans if he goes somewhere else.

The boo's will be LEGEN.....

DARY.
Not just Isles fans, but fans of every team that holds out that doesn't end up with him. We'll end up with a bunch of teams with $15 mil+ in cap room with the pool dried up.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Surprised Dallas, TB,NYI, Bos and SJ have not made any moves since he's surely going to the Leafs:sarcasm:

Also for all those that state he's done in NYI because if he was going to stay he's already resigned... sounds right but if he was dreaming of being a Leaf his whole life wouldn't he have signed last night once the NYI 8yr contract situation was done. Really interesting unless its a contract situation (ie details) but then why wouldn't he at least let some of the teams know that. Really weird.
Cuz he is playing a game and trying to make believe it was a hard decision when he has known for a long time he is going to the Leafs, I am guessing also using the other teams to get a lot more money from the Leafs

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Because he wants to make an informed decision?
Very likely. Also likely that the more the days passed, the more ticked off he became that the Islanders didn't pick up Grubauer. Lamoriello didn't care to overpay and showed he wasn't dedicated to a win now strategy.

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
VigilantSolidGalapagosalbatross-max-1mb.gif

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Assuming he's referring to Kadri as the 3rd, I doubt anyone but YOU claimed him to be elite. That said, he is 17th in the entire league for goals the past two years and quite high up in points.
Excuse me sir, I apologize. The term elite is thrown around so much here, it just slipped out. Won't happen again. :help::bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad