Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Don’t love this contract. 11 mil for a player who has averaged 59 points through his NHL career? Idk. 7 years also. Wow. Contracts like these are what kill teams. Look at a Chicago, Anaheim, Soon to be edmonton. Overpayment. Save the money and get some good value players instead Leafs. Shiny toy isn’t always as good as it seems
Jordan Belfail

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Elliot Friedman was just on Sportsnet. Just cought the end of what he was saying but it was about some hockey executive telling him the he will bet his house that The Islanders offer sheets someone on the Leafs.....lol.
Sour grapes.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Elliot Friedman was just on Sportsnet. Just cought the end of what he was saying but it was about some hockey executive telling him the he will bet his house that The Islanders offer sheets someone on the Leafs.....lol.
Sour grapes.

Lou is crazy enough to try. Clearly he's on tilt with his signings yesterday. The problem is it takes cooperation from a Leafs player who wants to leave a fantastic situation to join a wandering gypsy team that people keep fleeing.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Don’t love this contract. 11 mil for a player who has averaged 59 points through his NHL career? Idk. 7 years also. Wow. Contracts like these are what kill teams. Look at a Chicago, Anaheim, Soon to be edmonton. Overpayment. Save the money and get some good value players instead Leafs. Shiny toy isn’t always as good as it seems

Weren't you going to delete your account if he signed with us?

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Lol you guys are funny . Giving reason to Leaf fans to soak it all in and be them annoying selves but this time they have a reason !

Whoever thinks Toronto is going to suck hasn’t been watching hockey . Puck moving dman is key in this NHL defense don’t matter as much anymore . Look at the Pens .

I think Toronto vs Boston or Tampa will be a recurring thing in the years to come and winner will go to the Stanley Cup Final. Boston has a pretty deep insane lineup as well. Congrats again Leaf fans , I like good hockey so Let’s Go !

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center

Your tripping. He gets close to 90-100 this year with lots of pp points. He’s my number 1 for fantasy this year

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Lou is crazy enough to try. Clearly he's on tilt with his signings yesterday. The problem is it takes cooperation from a Leafs player who wants to leave a fantastic situation to join a wandering gypsy team that people keep fleeing.
Not a war that can be won. If he attacks, he had better win and be prepared for a long siege. Barzal up in 2 years

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
Classic gets updated:

giphy.webp

Mar 12, 2009
Yesterday morning he was a Franchise Center, and the biggest FA prize ever. Today he's an overpaid, top-20 1C.

I love this place.
It was also interesting seeing the shift in tone around here from non-Leaf fans on JVR. I like him, but when he was a Leaf, the perception of him from non-Leaf fans was much more critical than it is now.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC

The thing that the "media" forget....

The Isles can put forth an offer sheet they like. The Player has to sign it. Which is highly highly doubtful.
Yeah leave a cup contending team they have helped build before they win a cup so they can be stuck in Long Island during yet another painful and slow rebuild.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
In some areas of psychology (especially in psychodynamic theory), psychologists talk about “defense mechanisms,” or manners in which we behave or think in certain ways to better protect or “defend” ourselves. Defense mechanisms are one way of looking at how people distance themselves from a full awareness of unpleasant thoughts, feelings and behaviors.

1. Denial

Denial is the refusal to accept reality or fact, acting as if a painful event, thought or feeling did not exist. Many people use denial in their everyday lives to avoid dealing with painful feelings or areas of their life they don’t wish to admit.
Not sure why you inclued me in your quotes. I'm genuinely happy Leafs fans will most likely get to witness a first playoff win series. There's a whole generation that have never seen it's team win a playoff series, this is heartbreaking. I'm a fan of parity, I can only hope Florida and Toronto, the only two teams not to have win a playoff in the last 15 years, access the 2nd round. It's their turn to have a bit of success. I obviously dont want the Leafs to win the Cup though as I'm a fan of the Canadiens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad