Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Joe Thornton signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $700K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Dude your facts are wrong. How can you know so little of Joe Thorton that you don't even know his career high in points?! That's like one of the few things even casual HF Board posters all know...
Might want to spell his name right then..

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
For example, looking at LA Kings, how they are built for the future...
I see them winning another Cup in 5 years, where as the Leafs might have gotten
through first round once or twice, if that.

Reactions: DJN21

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
You shouldn't expect any meaningful contribution he might be the slowest player in the league

That's why they signed Simmonds, make sure there was someone in the league slower than Thornton.

NHL.com says otherwise maybe it's a bug tho

I wish he could have got some cup experience in Columbus before coming over

Would have been a better fit in MTL for the same reasons AND could have been their #1C

You're probably right. If he's cup chasing it makes way more sense to sign with a team that made the playoffs last year.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Not trying to rain on the parade and not being a leaf fan I have one concern for the leafs . It would be that if the next season was the one where they win a playoff series, maybe even a second I’d be somewhat concerned what Thornton , Spezza and Simmonds would have left in the tank going to round 3.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
For example, looking at LA Kings, how they are built for the future...
I see them winning another Cup in 5 years, where as the Leafs might have gotten
through first round once or twice, if that.
I could see
The Leafs winning
Five cups in the next five years
You're probably right. If he's cup chasing it makes way more sense to sign with a team that made the playoffs last year.
It's a wonder why no one ever signs there :huh:

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
That's why they signed Simmonds, make sure there was someone in the league slower than Thornton.

Must be pretty satisfying to brag about being 12th in the conference at the stoppage of the season and to get into the "playoffs" in a gimmick style tournament. The Sabres, Senators, Red Wings and Devils admire you.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Yeah, it sucks how we have to pay top dollar to get a netminder in MTL. In Toronto it almost feels like you could put a jersey on a random building employee and they could get a win...
I laughed.

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg

Spezza & Thornton?
Are we dialing back to 2008?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
35 pages for a dude who is completely washed. I just hope we get to see him on a line with Spezza and Simmonds. I'd love to be able to go take a 20 minute bathroom break as they push it up the ice.

You be surprised how fast they are. 10 minutes tops.

Oct 18, 2011
35 pages for a dude who is completely washed. I just hope we get to see him on a line with Spezza and Simmonds. I'd love to be able to go take a 20 minute bathroom break as they push it up the ice.
Joe Thornton is one of the top players of his generation living out his hockey golden years in Toronto. Toronto has gotten older and slower this off season its incredible watching Dubas obliterate his hockey values before our eyes

Reactions: HabsAddict

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Joe Thornton is one of the top players of his generation living out his hockey golden years in Toronto. Toronto has gotten older and slower this off season its incredible watching Dubas obliterate his hockey values before our eyes
Nah

HF has a LDS problem and its fun to watch

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Weird, it's like they wanted to add leadership or something. But sure, he obliterated "his hockey values". What does that even mean? Dubas has had a great off-season. He had what looks like a good value draft, got more than expected for Kapanen/Johnsson and has signed multiple vets to the minimum or close to it on 1-year deals.

Reactions: Rob Brown
Oct 18, 2011
Weird, it's like they wanted to add leadership or something. But sure, he obliterated "his hockey values". What does that even mean? Dubas has had a great off-season. He had what looks like a good value draft, got more than expected for Kapanen/Johnsson and has signed multiple vets to the minimum or close to it on 1-year deals.
He's trading young legs for older and slower ones with a likely compacted schedule coming. I'm not shitting on the value but the team composition doesnt make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad