Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] TOR acquires G Michael Hutchinson for 2020 5th Round Pick

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
That's more like the hannibal lecter we?
:laugh:

If it's not the genuine article it's a tick or two below, that's for sure.

"Yes" he replies (See above) after being confronted with a demonstrable fabrication on his part.

Hannibal Heybuddyhowyoudoing We?

"Yes."

Reactions: saltming

member 262271

If everyone agrees with each other than theres no point of coming to this forum.
Definitely, differing opinions are fine, overreactions after losses don't really fit into the discussion forum though IMO.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If it's not the genuine article it's a tick or two below, that's for sure.

"Yes" he replies (See above) after being confronted with a demonstrable fabrication on his part.

Hannibal Heybuddyhowyoudoing We?

"Yes."
:laugh:
"Tell me ITM, what do you think when Hutchinson goes from a chrysalis to become an NHL butterfly? Do you hear lambs bleating?"

I think I'm losing it...

Reactions: ITM
Oct 18, 2010
Sparks has been brutal. It's insane to see people somehow defend his play this year.

The team has saved him multiple times this year by scoring. That doesn't make his play any better. When he doesn't get tested because the leafs play so well or the other team plays poorly (CBJ game on Friday, LAK game at home earlier in the year), he still manages to give up bad goals and brutal rebounds into the slot. He looked ''good" in these games that the Leafs largely dominated.

Or the Anaheim game where he's swimming out of the net routinely and Gardiner and Zaitsev have to make saves on the open net, along with his bad rebounds and overall shaky play. Then Tavares, Rielly, and Marner had to make elite plays all over the ice to stop a 2 on 1 and go the other way to win in OT. 39 shots, 38 saves and a win.. he must've been good I guess. :eyeroll:

I have no problem with keeping him over McElhinney because of the long term implications but if they don't sign him in the summer it was a really bad move.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Its happening. Its so sad and I hope theres a miracle. but the proverbial biting is already upon us ;

1. Our starter is injured. but Day to day.
2. If that day to day turns into a few weeks. BOOM.
3. A few weeks of Sparks and Hutch means we might lose 3-4 games and Tampa is onto the next chicane, Buffalo and Boston come into our rearview.
4. Freddy might need an adjustment period upon return. Few more points lost.
5. Instead of sitting pretty, we are now in a real Atlantic royal rumble with BOS, BUF, and possibly MTL.

I really hope Freddy is back 110%, no rushing him.
We need him for the playoffs. We need to MAKE it there
It doesn't mean number 3.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Your amazing team scored exactly 0 goals tonight, FYI. How does that put Sparks in best position to succeed?
Because it's TOTALLY not demoralizing to the entire team to have your damned goalie give up two shit goals to start...

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Because it's TOTALLY not demoralizing to the entire team to have your damned goalie give up two **** goals to start...

Depends. Are we talking timbits level 6 year olds, or NHL stars? I would think that once you reach the NHL you might be made of slightly sterner stuff.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Sparks has been brutal. It's insane to see people somehow defend his play this year.

The team has saved him multiple times this year by scoring. That doesn't make his play any better. When he doesn't get tested because the leafs play so well or the other team plays poorly (CBJ game on Friday, LAK game at home earlier in the year), he still manages to give up bad goals and brutal rebounds into the slot. He looked ''good" in these games that the Leafs largely dominated.

Or the Anaheim game where he's swimming out of the net routinely and Gardiner and Zaitsev have to make saves on the open net, along with his bad rebounds and overall shaky play. Then Tavares, Rielly, and Marner had to make elite plays all over the ice to stop a 2 on 1 and go the other way to win in OT. 39 shots, 38 saves and a win.. he must've been good I guess. :eyeroll:

I have no problem with keeping him over McElhinney because of the long term implications but if they don't sign him in the summer it was a really bad move.
Ya, I mean... I have seen the opposite for the most part. A few games where the team just didn't come to play, they hung Sparks out to dry. They open up a shooting gallery in front of him, then people wonder why he gave up a few goals. I get that Freddy can mask this better, because hey... Freddie is a top-3 goalie in the world. To expect Sparks, a rookie adapting to NHL level and to being a backup instead of a starter, can step in and play at Freddie's level is just silly. Sparks has been decent considering... the team has for the most part been absolutely atrocious in front of him.

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Neat, somebody who actually remembers the "wins" everyone throws in your face. That Anaheim victory was something else!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ya, I mean... I have seen the opposite for the most part. A few games where the team just didn't come to play, they hung Sparks out to dry. They open up a shooting gallery in front of him, then people wonder why he gave up a few goals. I get that Freddy can mask this better, because hey... Freddie is a top-3 goalie in the world. To expect Sparks, a rookie adapting to NHL level and to being a backup instead of a starter, can step in and play at Freddie's level is just silly. Sparks has been decent considering... the team has for the most part been absolutely atrocious in front of him.
Nice, at least someone watches the games, and doesnt just go on the "I love Mac and cant stand Sparks outplaying him" group
People being attached to Mac just look at the numbers and think he is better, even though they are misleading.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Mac
HDSV%: .831

Sparks
HDSV%: .867

It seems like Sparks is better at saving the more dangerous shots then Mac.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I can't stop laughing at your weak ass nonsense to forward a house of cards narrative. It really is amusing. Thx.
I guess your just upset your favorite goalie is getting outplayed.
Have to provide the facts.
Thanks.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers Hutchinson can put up with the Marlies. Our D is really thin down there and it isn't a great team. Obviously he is a huge upgrade to our biggest need, but will be fascinating to see how much of a difference he makes, how well he does.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Mac swimming as usual

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
McBackup is now SIXTH in the league for save percentage. And we actually have people trying to argue Sparks has been better. Sixth, I mean, I think I cracked a rib laughing here. Sixth, ahead of Freddie even. Weird how people can't put the shovel down even when the sun is long gone. Keep digging!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sparks
Win%: 66.7
Mac
Win%: 57.1

Backups have one simple job. They need to win. Inflated stats are good for promotion, but if your not winning then it doesnt matter.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
McBackup is now SIXTH in the league for save percentage. And we actually have people trying to argue Sparks has been better. Sixth, I mean, I think I cracked a rib laughing here. Sixth, ahead of Freddie even. Weird how people can't put the shovel down even when the sun is long gone. Keep digging!
Delete

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sixth shouldnt be capitalized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad