Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] TOR acquires G Michael Hutchinson for 2020 5th Round Pick

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Finally.

I believe Hutch has cleared waivers, so he’ll likely be assigned to the Marlies and can come up if Andy or Sparks go down

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Andy is down.

Dug.

But he’s expected to be back for the next game. More about future injuries.

Unless of course, Andersen’s injury is more serious than they are letting on.

Either way, the Marlies needed goalie help. Hutch should at the very least do that.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
On the positive side...well that helps cover the depth issue a bit.

On the down side...that screams that this is a serious injury for Andersen.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Pretty quick move. Does this indicate that Freddy might be out for an extended amount of time ??
I dont think so. You still dont want Kask starting with the way his season as gone. Dubas likely would have made this move either way.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yup, Andy's injury is legit, likely down for a few weeks. Hutchinson will be able to help the Marlies once Andersen is back too... good move all around for the franchise.

Reactions: ToneDog

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well, it's an insurance policy that means they can take it slowly with Freddy without having to worry about burning out Sparks. I think that's a reasonable assumption.

Or Option B, Freddy Andersen's groin injury actually is a career ender and they're just covering it up with minor deals to quell the mob frenzy before it starts...

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Glad this is done.

I don't think Freddy's injury is serious, but adding depth is never a bad thing. If he goes down then it gives us an option of a goalie that can play in the NHL. Good move.

Reactions: LeafChief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad