Waived: [TOR] D Simon Benoit, F Kyle Clifford, F Dylan Gambrell, G Martin Jones, D William Lagesson, D Max Lajoie waived by the Maple Leafs (cleared)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why? You seem to be the only one confused about Jones being bad...

I have never said he was great or even good, but I do know what Tampa has In net with Vasi down.

and a 27 game winner is not worse than Colorado's former #3 goalie and whatever a Tompkins is.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I cannot believe neither Colorado or TB took Martin Jones, especially Tampa given what they have in net.

You seem to grossly over-rated Martin Jones.

He's lousy. He's been lousy for a few years now.

They could just sign Jaroslav Halak and be better off than with Martin Jones. This isn't a big mystery.

I never said he was great, or even good but with Vasi out Tampa has what is essentially 2 #3 goalies in net.

At least Colorado claimed a goalie.

So you're suggesting they would be better off with three #3 goalies in net?

Reactions: Auston Escobar

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I think it will. Sammy is not a very durable goalie. Don't expect Sammy to play more than 42 games or so. I definitely think Leafs will see Jones in net for at least 10 games.

Before last season, his only substantial injury beyond day-to-day stuff was an ATV accident during the COVID pause in his rookie year...

Even last season, he missed all of 17% of the games and likely plays 50+ if the team isn't dead set on having Murray work out.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Enjoy your 27 wins I guess, he was 88th in save percentage last year.
Are you talking about TOR's third string goalie? Why would TOR lean on Jones when there are two other goalies to play before him.

I think it will. Sammy is not a very durable goalie. Don't expect Sammy to play more than 42 games or so. I definitely think Leafs will see Jones in net for at least 10 games.
Is Woll dead or something?

Reactions: uncleben

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You seem to grossly over-rated Martin Jones.

He's lousy. He's been lousy for a few years now.

They could just sign Jaroslav Halak and be better off than with Martin Jones. This isn't a big mystery.

So you're suggesting they would be better off with three #3 goalies in net?

I'm Jones as midcore as he is still better than Jonas Johansson and whatever a Tompkins is.

At least Jonas won 27 games last year

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'm Jones as midcore as he is still better than Jonas Johansson and whatever a Tompkins is.

At least Jonas won 27 games last year

The evidence is pretty clear that Seattle won 27 games in spite of Jones play in goal.

His numbers were terrible and the organization appreciated his efforts so much they let him leave despite his willingness to take a league minimum contract.

It's no surprise Jones cleared waivers and obviously the Tampa Bay brass disagree with you that Jones is better than Jonas Johansson.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGroceryStick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad