Waived: [TOR] D Simon Benoit, F Kyle Clifford, F Dylan Gambrell, G Martin Jones, D William Lagesson, D Max Lajoie waived by the Maple Leafs (cleared)

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
If a team was planning on claiming him for a month while their goalie is on ltir, and then re-waiving him, it certainly does make a financial difference.
You also would have had to add the actual cost of claiming him to that total as well. Wouldn’t have been much but still just more of a financial hit for a guy you wouldn’t need long

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Good news.
Having a veteran like Jones available if needed may pay off, just hope it doesn't come to that.

Reactions: yzerman

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I cannot believe neither Colorado or TB took Martin Jones, especially Tampa given what they have in net.
I'm more surprised they let the Avs have Prosvetov

I guess they want to give Tomkins a chance, but Johansson over Jones, Prosvetov, Stalock, Subban, Delia, Hellberg, and their own Alnefelt...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He is mostly name value

His on ice play has been Mrazek/Hutchinson level last 4 years

I never said he was great, or even good but with Vasi out Tampa has what is essentially 2 #3 goalies in net.

At least Colorado claimed a goalie.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
He won 27 games last year and TB has Colorado former 3rd goalie and a 22 year old in net.
johansson was great in the preseason so we might as well start the season with him. if he sucks it won't be too difficult to find a goalie at the level of martin jones from somewhere

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
What do you meannnnn we didn't claim Kyle Clifford off waivers

spongebob-crying.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HockeyVirus

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Good news.
Having a veteran like Jones available if needed may pay off, just hope it doesn't come to that.

I think it will. Sammy is not a very durable goalie. Don't expect Sammy to play more than 42 games or so. I definitely think Leafs will see Jones in net for at least 10 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad