Proposal: Tor-col

AvsFanInBuffalo

Feb 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I appreciate the way you went about the proposal but to parrot others: Duchene isn't going anywhere. Great character player, great skilled player, he's everything you want in a Center and then some

This, there's nothing left to really add...

However, just in general, there's no need for the Avs to make any moves right now. It's working, why change it yet?

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Even with an absurd overpayment I'd still be a bit upset to see him go. Staz is moveable, Duchene is very likely our least movable piece. It's in the realm of no chance ever. Not with his new contract.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
That's what they said about Kovalchuk :cry:

First off, who is they?

Second, Matt Duchene is signed for a while now, so we don't have to worry about him refusing to sign anytime soon.

But you're right, there is a good chance of him going home to his native Russia.

Cynthesis

Sep 27, 2010
That's what they said about Kovalchuk :cry:

Kovalchuk and Duchene are polar opposites when it comes to contracts and being paid. Matt has been giving the Avs discounts on all of his contracts since his ELC. There is no chance that Duchene has a contract dispute with the Avs that leads to him being traded.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
First off, who is they?

Second, Matt Duchene is signed for a while now, so we don't have to worry about him refusing to sign anytime soon.

But you're right, there is a good chance of him going home to his native Russia.

Made me laugh out loud at work, thank you I needed that :handclap:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
No player is ever untouchable.

But in order for Duchene to be traded, there would have to be serious financial/business problems with the Avs ownership. Something would have to be in disarray with the overall health of the franchise.

Even then, trading Duchene would probably cause the fanbase to erupt and season ticket sales would bottom out.

Hard to imagine it happening.

D Fresh

I'm Back Baby!
Sep 11, 2010
Ottawa, ON
First off, who is they?

A) They is everybody who said "He's a Devil for life" after he signed that massive contract. Guess where he's not playing right now? Guess who still plays hockey?

B) Maybe you can Google how long the Kovy contract was... He left while under contract... He proved that contracts don't mean ****.

Kovalchuk and Duchene are polar opposites when it comes to contracts and being paid. Matt has been giving the Avs discounts on all of his contracts since his ELC. There is no chance that Duchene has a contract dispute with the Avs that leads to him being traded.

You sir make more sense. I was just pointing out (as a joke) that as a Devs fan Kovy was expected to stay there forever. He didn't. To simply say "he won't" holds no value. I understand big Duche over here grew up an Avs fan and it's very unlikely, but I couldn't not talk **** about Kovalchuk now that he abandoned us when given a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
A) They is everybody who said "He's a Devil for life" after he signed that massive contract. Guess where he's not playing right now? Guess who still plays hockey?

B) Maybe you can Google how long the Kovy contract was... He left while under contract... He proved that contracts don't mean ****.

C) Duchene is Canadian you fool

D) You can lose the Patrick Roy attitude alright?

I just wasn't sure if you were referring to the Thrashers or Devils...

But is Duchene really from Canada? Duchene sounds pretty Russian to me. Plus I knew he was from the same country as O'Reilly. And didn't O'Reilly hold out in his native Russia last year?

But if Duchene is indeed from Canada, then should we be worried he might defect to a league that plays in Canada? Maybe the Canadian Hockey League, or something?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
His papers says Canadian. His dangles says Russian.

Not that it matters. He loves country music. He'll bolt to Nashville.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Uh, everyone here is aware Duchene is from Ontario. Therefore his secret lifelong dream is to play in Toronto? I don't get what the point is. Yes I'm aware that its been said that players would never leave and then sometimes **** happens and they do. None of us are psychic but it's pretty difficult to discuss any realistic possibility of some extremely low probability situations. The Avs could trade for Crosby tomorrow but how worthy is that discussion?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Uh, everyone here is aware Duchene is from Ontario. Therefore his secret lifelong dream is to play in Toronto? I don't get what the point is. Yes I'm aware that its been said that players would never leave and then sometimes **** happens and they do. None of us are psychic but it's pretty difficult to discuss any realistic possibility of some extremely low probability situations. The Avs could trade for Crosby tomorrow but how worthy is that discussion?

Every kid who grows up in Ontario wants to play for the Leafs.

Everyone.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
Everyone nos there's know way he'll be traded.

It would take way two much talent too pry him away; probably at least to of Toronto's top players and to draft picks.

:laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Please know that there is no way we will consider moving Duchene for anything sensible (note the correct usage of 'know' and 'no').

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
First think how much you would have to give up to get Crosby. Then notice that Duchene is making $2.7M AAV less than Crosby starting next year. I know Crosby is the best player in the world but that's how valuable Duchy is for the Avs.

Bottom line:

Duchene is the last player we would trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad