Proposal: Tor-col

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Leaf fan coming in peace... posting this here instead of the main board as it really only concerns your opinion and anything on the main board will just turn into a flame war...

This is about wanting to aquire Matt Duchene.

I no the timing is horrible (he's on fire)
I hate to start another one of these threads
I no he grew up an avalanche fan

but

later on when duchene cools down and Mackinon is a bit more proven, is there any chance the Avalanche would consider trading Duchene? I no these type of players don't get moved but I'm prepared to offer literally anything but kessel and preferably not JVR... Anyone else is fair game. Even then if we had to include JVR I would probably do it. We could put together an insanely good offer... this isn't the leafs of 2009 they have a lot of valuable assets...

If you are unfamiliar with our core I will rank them in terms of value:

Morgan Rielly - 1st year on his ELC, 5th overall pick that is playing like a veteran - close to Pitreangelo like potential...
Nazem Kadri - 22 year old up and coming C. He hits, makes great plays and could be a 70 point player this year.
Dion Phaneuf - the most loved/hated player... he's truly our best d-man and a franchise defensmen for the leafs.
JVR - should hit at least 60 points this season, great in front of the net. good defensively (plays the p.k)
Jake Gardiner - offensive capabilities are off the charts but his defensive game needs to improve. He would be putting up major points if he were able to beat out Franson - Phaneuf for first line PP minutes.
Joffery Lupul - 95 points in his last 92 games.
Cody Franson - solid #3 defensmen... ranked 6th last year in points by defensmen. Off to a hot start.
1st round pick

all assets are fair game...

Rielly + Lupul

Kadri + Gardiner

Franson/Phaneuf + Lupul

All are ridiculous offers... it's to the point where it probably weakens the leafs and I can't recall a player in the last decade ever getting a better return then that. That being said... Duchene is a franchise player... so no matter the offer I can understand not wanting to move him. I can also see a lot of leaf fans getting equally as mad as avalanche fans. Just wondering if Duchene would ever be available... i'm not expecting you to agree to moving away a franchise player... I just thought maybe because you have Mackinon and ROR (Not that it would justify moving Duchene) that you could consider it to exploit the leafs and bolster your team on D and on the wing. A PPG winger in Lupul and a # 1 d-man is a pretty legit offer. Would be so crucial for the leadership of the avs heading into the playoffs.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Matt Duchene is lighting the league on fire and signed a very cap friendly, 6 year contract this past summer.

He is a boyhood Colorado Avalanche fan.

He is over the moon with the new management.

--

Sorry, not happening.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Absolutely not. Do yourself a favor and don't even fantasize about acquiring Duchene.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Matt Duchene I one of the most non movable players in the league.

OldSchoolAvalanche*

It would take way more then you would want to give and then even I probably would decline it..IMHO hes about as tradeable as Crosby

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Imagine what you would want for Kessel and then add some and then some. Duchene is a C with ridiculous potential and he's only 22. Plus, he's already playing at an elite offensive level. I wouldn't trade him ever, but if I was forced to, it would take a gigantic absurd omg crazy overpayment.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Matt Duchene is lighting the league on fire and signed a very cap friendly, 6 year contract this past summer.

He is a boyhood Colorado Avalanche fan.

He is over the moon with the new management.

--

Sorry, not happening.

/thread

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There is nothing that could be put together to get Duchene. Maybe the value gets there on paper but there is nothing worth taking Duchene off this team. He is the franchise player and the star. He absolutely loves the franchise and the city and isn't just saying that to make it sound good. It would be devastating to lose him and I don't care who comes back for him. Sometimes a team is more than just making it look good on paper or putting together the best NHL 14 lineup. The human element is lost a lot of time when there should be actual consideration what makes a collection of guys play together as a team.

From just a discussion sake standpoint if the Avs were offered some insane can't pass offer for one of their stars I seriously believe Duchene would be the last one to go. He is literally the least likely Av to move and I'm not basing that off of how he is playing now. I would have said that a month ago.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Saying Kessel and JVR are both untouchable but two of them in a package wouldn't even get you Duchene. Not saying Duchene holds more value than JVR + Kessel but for the Coorado Avalanche organization that trade wouldn't be worth it.

If Toronto was willing to move Kessel+JVR+Rielly for Duchene i'm sure something could be worked out, but the Leafs aren't that dumb. Duchene won't be had for anything other than a huge overpayment similar to what I just said.

He loves it in Denver, loves Roy, Roy loves him and the fans love him.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Even as a Leafs fan, this is a ridiculous proposal. The Penguins certainly haven't been burdened by having two world class centres in their lineup, I highly doubt having Duchene and MacKinnon are going to be an "issue" for the Avs. :laugh: That being said, I'd love to have Duchene on our team, just like the other 28 teams in the NHL would.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Leaf fan coming in peace... posting this here instead of the main board as it really only concerns your opinion and anything on the main board will just turn into a flame war...

This is about wanting to aquire Matt Duchene.

I no the timing is horrible (he's on fire)
I hate to start another one of these threads
I no he grew up an avalanche fan

but

later on when duchene cools down and Mackinon is a bit more proven, is there any chance the Avalanche would consider trading Duchene? I no these type of players don't get moved but I'm prepared to offer literally anything but kessel and preferably not JVR... Anyone else is fair game. Even then if we had to include JVR I would probably do it. We could put together an insanely good offer... this isn't the leafs of 2009 they have a lot of valuable assets...

If you are unfamiliar with our core I will rank them in terms of value:

Morgan Rielly - 1st year on his ELC, 5th overall pick that is playing like a veteran - close to Pitreangelo like potential...
Nazem Kadri - 22 year old up and coming C. He hits, makes great plays and could be a 70 point player this year.
Dion Phaneuf - the most loved/hated player... he's truly our best d-man and a franchise defensmen for the leafs.
JVR - should hit at least 60 points this season, great in front of the net. good defensively (plays the p.k)
Jake Gardiner - offensive capabilities are off the charts but his defensive game needs to improve. He would be putting up major points if he were able to beat out Franson - Phaneuf for first line PP minutes.
Joffery Lupul - 95 points in his last 92 games.
Cody Franson - solid #3 defensmen... ranked 6th last year in points by defensmen. Off to a hot start.
1st round pick

all assets are fair game...

Rielly + Lupul

Kadri + Gardiner

Franson/Phaneuf + Lupul

All are ridiculous offers... it's to the point where it probably weakens the leafs and I can't recall a player in the last decade ever getting a better return then that. That being said... Duchene is a franchise player... so no matter the offer I can understand not wanting to move him. I can also see a lot of leaf fans getting equally as mad as avalanche fans. Just wondering if Duchene would ever be available... i'm not expecting you to agree to moving away a franchise player... I just thought maybe because you have Mackinon and ROR (Not that it would justify moving Duchene) that you could consider it to exploit the leafs and bolster your team on D and on the wing. A PPG winger in Lupul and a # 1 d-man is a pretty legit offer. Would be so crucial for the leadership of the avs heading into the playoffs.

First of all. Why is it a guarantee that Duchene cools down? He's coming off a near PPG season last year, and looks 5x better this year then he did last year.

He now has 56 Points in his last 58 games. And his play this year has been on an entirely different level then his play last year as well. He was drafted 3rd overall only 4 years ago. The kid isn't even in his prime yet. He has the tools to be a Top 5-10 scorer in the league year in and year out.

Secondly, not one of those offers are ridiculous offers. I mean 2/3 of those offers aren't even close to good value for Duchene at this point(Only Kadri/Gardiner is worth looking at for more then 2 seconds.

As another poster already said. If you want Duchene its going to have to truly blow the Avs management away.

Were talking Kadri + JVR + Gardiner/Rielly type of proposal. Even then, I wouldn't be disappointed if the Avs said no. It also wouldn't make sense for the Leafs to offer up that kind of package, but that's what its going to take for the Avs to move our franchise guy.

At this point, I think you'd have better luck targeting Mackinnon from the Avs then Duchene. And even Mack would still cost Kadri + Rielly + another piece.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I would even consider trading Landeksog or Mackinnon before Duchene, which is to say, never.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
I appreciate the way you went about the proposal but to parrot others: Duchene isn't going anywhere. Great character player, great skilled player, he's everything you want in a Center and then some

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad