Confirmed Trade: [TOR/COL] Tyson Barrie (@50%) , A. Kerfoot, '20 6th for Nazem Kadri, C. Rosen, '20 3rd - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
AVS fans, tell me Barrie has a bomb from the point... please?

giphy.gif

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Wow Little Joe just got fleeced.

Oh yeah. Gave up an UFA that wants 8M+ next season at a position of strength for the organization while getting back a 2c on a contract that puts our top two centers at slightly over 10m COMBINED.

All while getting underwhelming Kerfoot out of our lineup and adding a 3rd rounder.

Fleeced, I say.

Last edited:

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I’m pretty confident that was ironed out already. We will see the extension soon..... and, no, it’s not going to be for $9million
Why on earth do you think it would have been ironed out already, lol?

And yes, the rumbling around Barrie's extension talks made it seem like the 8-9mil range were what he and his agent were going to push for. FYI, he has the most infamous agent for getting every penny

Reactions: Weiss1604

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Here’s my question for leafs fans - wouldn’t you have wanted Soderberg instead of kerfoot?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
How do you feel about them being able to re-sign Barrie?

He'll probably be asking for 8-9mill aav
i doubt he commands that much. it would also be a contract starting at age 28, so maybe a contract that tails off in value at the end for a lower AAV.

If it's 7 or 8 years at $8M, no way would I be interested, but I doubt he gets that much.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I see this deal to be pretty even, assuming each player continues to play to their current levels.

Both teams fill a need and give up a piece that was within the scheme of their organizations, expendable.

As a Toronto fan, looking at our signed roster has me pretty concerned about next year. This year's looking great though :).
The bolded is the one reason why this deal might look bad for Toronto. I'm not sure exactly how they will manage to retain Muzzin(4M) and Barrie (2.75M) when they will likely be making between 6-8M each next season. Letting Ceci walk would open up 4.5M and cap increase probably lets them keep one of the two, unless they decide to move Nylander to make room.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Here’s my question for leafs fans - wouldn’t you have wanted Soderberg instead of kerfoot?
Leafs fans seem to like Kerfoot.

Not sure where it’s all coming from considering Avs fans who watch hm every night didn’t even want him qualified. But I see plenty of excited Leafs fans over Kerfoot. I even saw one poster call him a “two way stud”.

Leafs definitely got the best player in the trade. Tyson Barrie is damn good. But Leaf fans are going to hate Kerfoot beyond belief. He has some
Inflated possession metrics from all his time with Mackinnon but man that guy has been tough to watch.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
i doubt he commands that much. it would also be a contract starting at age 28, so maybe a contract that tails off in value at the end for a lower AAV.

If it's 7 or 8 years at $8M, no way would I be interested, but I doubt he gets that much.
No, expect that much.

8mil was actually what Avs fans thought would be a good deal to sign him on.

Reactions: New Scotland

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I like Kadri and Rosen, sad to see them go. That said, I've always been impressed in the games I've seen Barrie play, even if it's been in limited quantities.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

It won’t be 8 years, think he takes 5x8. Tyler Myers just got 6 mill and Barrie is way better.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
How do you feel about them being able to re-sign Barrie?

He'll probably be asking for 8-9mill aav

Plenty of other RHD options available. It isn't Barrie vs nothing. It's Barrie vs his replacement. Pietrangelo, Schultz, Spurgeon, Green, Vatanen, Tanev, Hamonic etc. Are all scheduled to become UFAs July 1st, 2020 and the Leafs will have about 20 million in cap space.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
colorado had tyson replaced years ago with Jost. they had a tyson tuesday thing going on in social media. Jost is cuter and younger. it was time for colorado to move on from that washed up old bum.

Jazzy Kadri is the worst Instagram account around and Rosen smells like cabbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad